Sign in to follow this  
commander1985

Binarize.exe encountered a problem..

Hey there it's me again,

i reinstalled my windows a week or 2 ago. Now i wanted to work with my Projects again and encountered a new Problem.. as usual^^

When chosing a project in Binpbo for binarizing i always get a error after a few seconds: "Binarize.exe encountered a problem and has to be closed" In that typically windows window with that send bug report button.

I read in the Arma1 Edition section that this is usually caused by a bad made addon/config. Well i was testing it with projects that already worked and hasnt been edited since last release/working version.

So this is definitly not caused by a bad config etc. Maybe i made something wrong in BinPbo itself but i guess it shouldnt crash binarize.exe if thats the case.

My system is WinXP SP2, with up to date drivers and NET-Framwork 3.5.

I think that is all i need for moding but hey maybe i forgot something.

Does anybody had a similar issue and knows how to fix it?!?

Hi Commander..

maybe you´ll have a look in the logfile binpbo created. There you may find a hint...

It´s usually created in the same folder where your pbo is created...

Well the error log is not that long...

//

Cannot load font core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb8

Fonts file \core\data\fonts\lucidaConsoleB8 not found

Cannot load font core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb11

Fonts file \core\data\fonts\lucidaConsoleB11 not found

<world = "p:\cmr\cmr_ovaron\cmr_ovaron.wrp">

Cannot open object core\default\default.p3d

Cannot open object core\skyobject\skyobject.p3d

Cannot load font core\data\fonts\tahomab16

Fonts file \core\data\fonts\tahomab16 not found

Cannot open object ca\plants2\clutter\c_grasstall.p3d

//

This is the error log that i get when binarizing my ovaron. No changes in config or folderstructure there since last release.

However, CPP-File: http://pastebin.com/upNiUWmD

pdrive.jpg

Sry forgot to expand Data folder, but the stuff he cannot open acording to the logfile are all there.

... obviously you are missing the "core", you can find it in your games root in the dta.pbo

it has to be in your P:ca/... too

The plants2 has to be reorganized on the P:\ drive .... open the $pboprefix$ and you will see how the paths have to be...

1) Remove cmr\ca.

2) Extract all BI pbos to p (use mikero's tools and batch)

3) Your binpbo settings seem wrong (Cannot open object core\*) or you have unpacked it also wrong.

Post your binpbo settings.

Edit: core must go to p:\core Beton as it says.

I've been building a new rig last couple of weeks - Yay!

But since doing so I've run into the enormous loading time using arma2oa.exe as buldozer issue - Boo!

Still haven't figured that one out - more on that whine in another more relevant post sometime soon probably - :(.....

However.... while struggling with this issue and trying all sorts of things - I tried a complete shiny new P:\ drive setup...

I tried out Mikero's "Arma2P"

This works an absolute treat - just in case anyone doesn't know about it yet...

A few points...

Get the latest version - currently 1.07 I think...

It requires Mikeros ExtractPbo and ConvertP3d.exe - and DePbo.dll in the same folder...

(I downloaded all 3 and extracted them all into the same folder as Arma2P)

... then tell it - fill up my P:\drive - and it will!

You need the P:\drive established and in place - it WILL overwrite BIS stuff like "core / bin / languagecore / the CA folder", etc - so make a monster backup first!!!

It WON'T overwrite custom stuff, so your custom addons like unpacked Berghoff or Mikebart trees folders, for example, will be safe...

One tiny drawback I've discovered is that it really will unpack everything... You'll find any and all mission.pbo's you have also unpacked and in seperate folders on your P:\ drive... a minor point - just delete all those "mission sounding" folders ;)

This still didn't fix my buldozer loading times - aaarrgh! - a seperate problem you'll hear me gripe about elsewhere, no doubt - but... for setting up a working P:\ drive I was enormously impressed with Mikeros tool... it really is worth taking a look at...

As far as I can see - everything is unpacked and properly in-place, including $pboprefix$'s and configs - properly DeRap'd to .cpp as well...

... took about 5 minutes to make a working P:\drive with a fully & correctly loaded CA folder!!... impressive Mikero stuff, as usual... :D

*edit* - additionally - I think Mikeros Arma2P actually does that little type 49 to type 48 conversion on all the Arrowhead models as it unpacks them... handy... ain't actually tried OA objects yet, but according to Mikeros readme, they should be ready to use... :)

B

Edited by Bushlurker

@Beton

Plants folder is correct.

P:\CA\plants2 with the right subfolders (bush, clutter etc.)

Core folder exists in p:ca\ and on p: too. Double checked for content. Even depbo'd files from Arma2 again. Same error...

@PvPScene

1)

Remove cmr\ca ... ermm definatly not! the building configs are in there, which are needed to get ladders working etc. I have played around with that long enough to know that i need them even if some people claim that i should delete them... Besides that, how can that cause those errors?!? I used them in that way even in my last working releases.... No trouble with that, everything worked. So im not discussing about that.

2)

I did, and they are all in P:Ca\

I used ExtractPbo1.64 and DePbo2.41 (Both from mikero). That always worked for me without trouble.

3)

Addon Source Directory is: p:\cmr\cmr_ovaron

Destinatio Directory is: E:\Arma2\@test\addons

Binarize is checked.

Under Options:

Create Log-File is checked.

Temp-Folder is:C:\BI-Temp

Use source path is checked.

Automatically box is checked.

List of files to copy directly:

*.pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.lip;*.txt;*.wrp;*.bisurf;*.sqf;*.sqm

Thanks for helping me guys :)

Edit:

Was writing this while you where posting bushlurker.

Thank you for that info. If i reinstall my Tool Drive, then i will check those new tools out :)

Edited by Commander1985
New Information :P

Few other more directly relevant points...

"core" doesn't need to be in P:\CA\ - just on the root P:\ directory...

"languagecore" is missing from the root P:\directory...

IF you're going to use the Arma2OA.exe as buldozer, then...

From the game "dta" folder - extract "bin", "core" and "languagecore" to folders - put these folders on the root P:\ drive - plus backup your original buldozer.exe - copy over arma2oa.exe and rename it...

If you're just going to use standard buldozer, then leave bin and core alone from the original install and just add "languagecore" as above...

*the actual P:\DTA folder should only contain the original "product.bin" file that was installed when you installed the tools in the first place... according to Mikero this contains registry info or something and should be left alone...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Yep sorry disregard 1). It was inside your world project folder in an earlier release of yours. Thats why I got it wrong.

Thanks for your Replies so far.

Actually something happend! The error log got a little bit longer :/

//

Updating base class ->NonStrategic, by p:\cmr\cmr_ovaron\ca\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HouseBase/

Updating base class ->HouseBase, by p:\cmr\cmr_ovaron\ca\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Ruins/

Updating base class ->DestructionEffects, by p:\cmr\cmr_ovaron\ca\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House/DestructionEffects/

Updating base class ->StaticMGWeapon, by p:\cmr\cmr_ovaron\ca\misc3\WF\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/WarfareBMGNest_M240_base/

<world = "p:\cmr\cmr_ovaron\cmr_ovaron.wrp">

Cannot open object ca\data\blesk1.p3d

Cannot open object ca\data\blesk2.p3d

Cannot open object ca\data\mrak1.p3d

Cannot open object ca\data\mrak2.p3d

Cannot open object ca\data\mrak3.p3d

Cannot open object ca\data\mrak4.p3d

//

Well Mikeros new tools are awesome, but it didnt helped. Even reinstalled the tools again , depbo'd everything 4times with and without mikeros arma2 p:

I guess the problem is somewhere else, if you have no other ideas i will reinstall my comp just to get sure. Maybe something got messed up in the Drivers of my OS or so... (Even if i cant see anything regarding that)

Edit: Had an error with mikeros tools, something regarding convertp3d...

Edited by Commander1985
Forgot an information

Whats this...?

p:\cmr\cmr_ovaron\ca\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House/DestructionEffects/

You have a "Ca" folder INSIDE your actual project folder?.... that isn't right...

Gnat will no doubt be along to tell you you don't need a CA folder with .cpp's in there at all, and - I think - if your actual project folder is directly on the root directory of your P:\ drive without any intervening "Tag" folder - he's right!

If you're following the "other" P:\ drive project structure - with a "Tag" folder - like Sgt Ace's tutorial, for example - then you DO need that Ca folder full of .cpp's ... but it should be just in the "Tag" directory... ie...

p:\cmr\ca\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House/DestructionEffects/..... etc...

P:\cmr\ca

P:\cmr\cmr_ovaron

BESIDE your project file - not INSIDE it....

Edit: Had an error with mikeros tools, something regarding convertp3d...

Did you do this bit...?

It requires Mikeros ExtractPbo and ConvertP3d.exe - and DePbo.dll in the same folder...

(I downloaded all 3 and extracted them all into the same folder as Arma2P)

So - I downloaded and unpacked Arma2P to a folder - I then d/l'd the latest versions of ExtractPbo, ConvertP3D and DePbo.dll - unpacked all 3 and copied the contents of all 3 folders into that Arma2P folder - all the files in together... then you just run it... It detected disc A2 and my Steam-based OA installs no problem and unpacked everything! seriously... everything, right down to my missions :D... then I just deleted unnecessary stuff - replaced my xtras and custom stuff from a backup, and finally updated my "P:\Bush\Ca folder with all the config.cpp's from my newly filled P:\Ca folder by running this as a batch file ...

xcopy *.cpp P:\Bush\ca\ /S /Y

Copy into notepad

Change "Bush" to "cmr"

Save as "autocopy_cpp.bat

place "autocopy_cpp.bat" in your main P:\Ca folder and run it - it'll fill your P:\cmr\Ca folder correctly.....

B

Edited by Bushlurker

As suggested before: post your binpbo settings.

Or you did unpack the stuff wrong again.

If there are errors, you should write them down obviously.

Even reinstalled the tools again , depbo'd everything 4times with and without mikeros arma2

In the past I've had to delete and rename ALL directories that had anything to do with the tools. The tools directories and the work directory.

Then reinstalled, before it finally worked.

@Bushlurker

Forget the ca\folder inside my project. I grabed the wrong backup and binned it^^

Looks like i forgot that ConvertP3d.exe. Downloading now...

@PvPscene

Same settings as posted before.

@Gnat

If i understand you right you mean that i uninstal all. delete folders manually if they are still there. And then reinstall completly after reboot (well i would reboot).

If i understand you right you mean that i uninstal all. delete folders manually if they are still there. And then reinstall completly after reboot (well i would reboot).

Yep, you got it.

Ok uninstalled, deleted remaining entries in registry, reboot and install of tools.

Started Mikeros Arma2 P: -- Encountered error and made a screen.

arma2perror.jpg

First 3 error mean that some registry keys could not be found.

Next one a little bit under it. Can't find Languagecore Oo

Same with ION_RTE but that doenst matter.

Air_E is faulty, well i guess that doenst matter to. I will delete that folder later since i dont need it.

Edit:

Still DeBpo'ing Languagecore folder showed up in my P: Drive dunno why. Maybe it took the OA Languagecore?

Folder contains a PBOPrefix and a stringtable.xml (1625KB)

Edited by Commander1985
Adding Information

The batch removes first old folders to make sure the install is done correctly.

Languagecore folder showed up in my P: Drive dunno why. Maybe it took the OA Languagecore?

Arma2P should take account of OA if you have it - AND Betas too if you have them... that's probably where "languagecore" has come from... you need that on your P:\ root directory anyway, so thats good...

B

Update:

Buldozer stops working, at some point it doenst continue to load things.

Binarize.exe still crashes (same options used as before)

Logfile says the same:

<model = "p:\cmr\cmr_cicada\ClutterCutter.p3d">

</model>

<world = "p:\cmr\cmr_cicada\cmr_cicada.wrp">

Ideas??

P.s. Did i mentioned that the roads get not properly displayed in visitor? Thats bad for export as png since i do sat-roadmask with it.

Edited by Commander1985

For your stopping buldozer try to use an earlier Arma2oa.exe, the latest versions didn´t work for me either. I´m working with 1.54 on my p:\ drive.

For the roads... you can adjust the viewsettings for all your roads... maybe that helps...

don´t give up..

ps: what are your binpbo settings?

Solved!

BinPbo path to project folder was wrong. Binning works now.

Roads in Visitor showed up after i used a backup of the Unpbo'd ones.

Now i just need that Arma2oa.exe from 1.54 Oo

Hi commander...

pm sent.

...as far as i have heard you could also use the exe from an old betapatch. But i have not tested that yet.

Looks like im still not through this...

I still get errors like:

Cannot create object with abstract type Land_fuel_tank_small (scope = private?)

ca\buildings\deutshe_mini.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\sara_domek_sedy.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\domek_rosa.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\deutshe_mini.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\stanice.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\hruzdum.p3d: house, config class missing

ca\buildings\cihlovej_dum_in.p3d: house, config class missing

These are only some examples...

And the buldozer works now, but it crashes when i get near the map border on a new project. tried different grid and cell sizes there already...