Sign in to follow this  
commander1985

Binarize.exe encountered a problem..

Well...

the "config class missing" is not really an error, just a warning. It comes from original bis files... maybe a wrong entry somewhere in the p3d. You can ignore them for now... they always appear but never make the map unplayable.

..maybe pvpscene can tell us more about that ;)

I just wonder because i didnt had those errors in the past...

What about the crash near map borders with buldozer?

the map i was experience that was 51*51km ...

Congrats Commander!

Always nice when it finally works out... and it always seems to be a goddamned path somewhere!

The "config class missing" thing has been widely reported... much like the "cannot generate ST for points xxx" one, it seems safe to ignore those errors, tho they spam report files annoyingly... I vaguely remember Icebreaker wrestling with the config missing one with Duala... not sure how he fixed it... giving the buggers a simple config definition just to shut them up, probably... that'd do it...

Not sure about the "crashing near the borders" issue with that fairly big terrain... I know I often seem to say "Gnat might know something about that" ;)... well..... Gnat might know something about that... :D 51km x51km is his favourite size... if there's errors that can occur specifically as a result of that size terrain, Gnat's likely to have encountered 'em already.....

On the "using a beta or a 1.54 version of Arma2OA.exe" as buldozer...

Jeez! - I've had enormous grief with that recently...

Much like Beton, I was using a beta 1.54 .exe and it was working fine - fine-detail height editing, and about a 5 minute or less loading time...

All that changed when I recently swapped my crappy old cpu, mobo & ram for shiney new i7 / x58 stuff... I replaced everything exactly as it was before - now everything works perfectly, but loading time is easily 90 minutes or more! Ouch!!

I've tried every version of the .exe I can find, along with their matching Bin & Core folders - same every time... huge loading times... bummer...

While researching this I came across Mikeros "Arma2P" which I mentioned above... I also noticed - Mikero has rewritten the intro to the "official" Visitor 3 manual (see here)...

It seems he recommends using the latest game .exe as buldozer.exe, and indeed Arma2P sets things up like that... but theres no mention of the enormous loading times some people (including me now :() have reported...

Anyhow - I haven't any further advice on that front as yet since I'm currently struggling myself... I PM'd Mikero recently on the presumption that he's a Portable Genius and may have further advice on the subject, but I ain't heard from him as yet, though I'm sure I will eventually...

I'll report back here or in a more appropriate thread if I make any further progress on this particular issue...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Yeah its always a path thing when i remember back how often i had texture config or bin problems.. Sorry to hear about that crappy loading time , thats really annoying.

About the "Cannot create object with abstract type Land_fuel_tank_small" Problem, kju was so nice to help me with it and sended me a config.cpp for that issue. (renamed p3d and put inside the project folder as he suggested btw.)

About the buldozer border crash; i was thinking about grid setup to and currently looking thru the board. Must have been discussed somewhere already.