Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

Game crash to decktop but not silent Crash To Desktop

New system XFX 5870 with i5 2500k. The game runs great most of the time but still having game crashs. The screen flickers then turns a soild color greenish/brownish and then right to my decktop. I can still hear the game running and I can shoot but when I try to go back into the game nothing. I need to shut down and start over. All my drivers are updated. I need help. Should I take ARMA OUT AND REINSTALL. What can be the deal. this is not silent Crash To Desktop or with some error msg

Hold down the Left Shift key... while holding it, type

--FLUSH

(minus num pad) (minus num pad) (F)(L)(U)(S)(H) while holding left shift key

Hold down the Left Shift key... while holding it, type

--FLUSH

(minus num pad) (minus num pad) (F)(L)(U)(S)(H) while holding left shift key

Hey that worked a few times. It let me back into the game cool, but now the game locks up in the game or on the task manger screen lol. WTF.

Yeah I just read about that trick here a few weeks ago here and it works if your video drivers crash... I just took a guess as I wasn't sure exactly what you meant.

Hope you get it sorted, be sure to send any crash dumps to Dwarden if you can.

Good luck.

Maybe you should try the latest beta patch (http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php). Some crashes have supposedly been fixed in the latest versions, so you may be lucky (and if not, I am sure Dwarden will be pleased to receive your crash reports)

Are you saying download this beta patch to my ARMA2 folder and install. Where in the folder? Is this different then the last update 1.57 patch. If so how and what is the beta patch for.

What you download is an executable, so put it anywhere and run it. It will create an additional folder "beta" in your arrowhead installation, and a new lauhcer which you will have to use to lauch this beta (old laucher for playing with normal 1.57 will still be available). You can read more information here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=90317. The downloaded zip contains a readme.txt as well.

The beta is nothing but the latest build (1.57 + further fixes) of the game released by BIS so we can test the fixes and changes. In the end, all those fixes will become the next stable patch.

If anyone cares or may have the same issue, I found what was making the game Crash in a number of different ways.

1. The screen flickers then turns a soild color greenish/brownish.

2. The game kicks me right back to the decktop.

3. The game stops working in the game screen.

4. The game screen turns black but I still have audio with the game.

This is a new build all drivers updated The system XFX 5870 with i5 2500k and 8gbs of RAM at 1600.

I am using a 23" LCD HD TV and I had my screen resolution set to max at 1600 x 1200 so i went down two settings to 1400 x 1050 and no more game CRASH in two days. I was getting a CRASH every 1/2 hr and the (minus num pad) (minus num pad) (F)(L)(U)(S)(H) while holding left shift key only work a few time to get my back into the game.