Sign in to follow this  
larsiano

How to bind server to NIC/ IP adress

I was wondering if it is possible to bind a Arma2/OA server to a specific IP adress. The situation is as follows: a good Server has 2 x Intel 1GBit adapter and are both connected to different ISP's (one via a router). Now i still run all servers i host for our squad from a single IP on different ports and want to be able to host on mutiple NIC's. So i need to find out if this can be done via the server targetline or if there is a better solution? I've looked on Arma wiki but with no success. I will keep searching and update this post if i find out. thx in advance for the advice!

IP nr1 (UPC) 24.132.135.14

IP nr2 (KPN) 77.171.133.235

Edit:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oaserver.exe" -config=serverACE-CO.cfg -mod=@Lingor;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX -ip=77.171.133.235 -port=2310

This does not work the server is still started with the 1th NIC adres @ 24.132.135.14

Edited by larsiano

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/ states:

You cannot specify an IP address with which to bind the server to i.e. -ip = xxx.xxx.x.xxx ArmA2 server defaults to the primary ip address of the server and cannot be changed. If you wish to setup multiple instances of ArmA2 server on the same server it is only possible by specifying alternative ports with -port.

This was poined out to me by my mate -=XRTA=-Tox1m ... but i have seen somewhere in a betapatch discussion a message about a IP parameter that was implemented into the game in december. The silly thing is i cant find it in the forum anymore.

I found this in 1.57's changelog:

New: Multihome servers support. Commandline parameter -ip=my.ip.add.res available.

I'd assume you add -ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to your launch parameters for the server and it'll just pick that IP. Give it a test.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112065

Mikobiko

Corporal

Confirmed multi-home as working on the following servers:

208.167.249.43:2302 =7Cav=Training 1.57 [ACE+A2+AO]

208.167.249.44:2302 =7Cav=Ranger 1.57 [ACE+A2+AO]

208.167.249.45:2302 =7Cav=Tactical Realism 1.57 [A2+AO]

I took just the arma2oaserver.exe and used it on a 1.57 steam based server. Big thanks to you all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multihoming

i have the following situation :

Multiple Links, Multiple IP address (Spaces) but im not able to bind a server to a certain ip with the above options!

The above problem has been solved by enabling the weighted loadbalance function on the SRX5308 multiWAN-router. I'm not sure if the load is actually balanced but both ISP's are now accounted for and online in the router config. Now i have a new problem and that is that 50% of the people that try to connect to the server get a "Connection Failed" message multiple times while trying to logon. Others can connect just fine and after many tries most persistent people seem to get trough but for outsiders my server is unreachable and will be passed as "non-accessible".

I think this problem is caused by the two modems both having NAT enabled. I have not been able to disable NAT on eighter the ADSL2 or Fiber power modem resulting in a conflict in communication maybe. If anyone has any tips on setting up multiWAN routers please PM me!

To try and solve this i have tried many of setting in the router and on the serverside including the application IP binding as described above. My finding until now is that the Arma2 server seems to accept the command with no problem: ("...\arma2server.exe" -config=serA2.cfg -ip=x.x.x.x -port=2309 = pass) but the same thing on the OA/CO server ("...\arma2oaserver.exe" -config=serNoMods.cfg -ip=x.x.x.x -port=2302 = nogo) message:

Server Creation Failed : 2302

3:28:00 Dedicated host created

3:28:01 Cannot start host on port 2302

Note:

- In the above quote the BE init is missing: (BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.116))

- System has been rebooted multiple times

- Arma2 1.09 and OA 1.59 have both been patched with the latest versions

- The server does not have any beta version or mods installed

- If i don’t use this option the server works fine

- There is NO Arma2 / OA/CO server that is using this port in for or background

- It has never worked in the past

- It won’t work with eighter just the -ip=x.x.x.x or with -ip=x.x.x.x + -port=xxxx (both give same error)

- If i only use the -port=xxxx command this works

- Testing on different ports didn't solve the problem

Can anyone spot a mistake or does OA not have the same IP binding possibility that Arma2 has?

Edited by larsiano

You are load-balancing packets toward a game server? :O !!

You are looking for troubles

BTW your error looks like the 2302 port is already in use

Don't you have another server instance automatically started?

Yes i have ran into some trouble. But i was hoping that "weighted loadbalance" would only use more then one WAN connection for outbound trafic. I do have the trouble of one modem not able to disable NAT, but im working on the problem.

About the error im sure nothing is running or auto starting that used that port to my knowledge. That is what is so strange about it? It should just work!