Sign in to follow this  
wickedstigma

OA CALanguage_Mission addon required, spent 2 days trying to fix...

Hi! 2 days ago I bought A2:OA So I installed [by the way, my OA took 4 + hours to install] it and downloaded the patches. After testing the game without the patches, everything worked fine, so installed the patches and thats where everything went south. It gives me an error that says Addon 'CA_Missions' requires addon 'CALanguage_missions'. When you press ok, the game starts but the menu has things missing, inside the editor there are things missing too. I removed both games, installed them again, you can imagine how long it took... and same thing happened after installing. I guess if I cant fix it, I will have to install the game a third time, don't install the updates but whats the point? I WANT TO PLAY ONLINE! I will be very glad if someone can help me.

This is the patch I downloaded:

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=20&id=445:arma-2-operation-arrowhead-patch-1-50-to-1〈=en

Here are the screenshots:

error1.jpg

arma2OA2011-01-2314-51-32-44.jpg

arma2OA2011-01-2314-52-04-94.jpg

arma2OA2011-01-2314-52-14-26.jpg

P.S. About the game taking so long to install, do you have any idea of why this is happening? My computer specs are:

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6700@2.66Ghz

OCZ 8GB Ram DDR2

NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 512

ASUS P5K-E MoBo

Thanks again in advance

Hi,

Go into your expansions folder in your main Arma2 directory or OA and in the addons folder look for this pbo:

languagemissions

Not sure if thats the one but if you dont have that then Im assuming you have a corrupt download cant say for sure.

Did you download OA, or do you have it on disc?

also do you have Arma2?

Ok,

So you are trying to play OA specifically, or did you combine OA into Arma2 to make CO?

Possible the problem could in what directory you are installing the game too, idk but if you installed into the Arma2

directory which would give you CO then patch with the latest full build 1.57 not the beta, I dont see how you could be having issues.

I had Arma 2 already installed, when I bought OA I just inserted the disc and installed it. Then I played a couple of the missions and when I was going to play online I could play with anyone because I didnt had the latest updates, so I went to the address I posted in my first post and downloaded the patch that contained from 1.50-1.56 version to 1.57. After that I got the error and the problems.

Its seems like its definately the patch then but without it you wont be able to play on really any server as far as i know.

When you installed OA did you install to your Arma2 folder?

Only other thing I can think of is uninstall and reinstall the patch. or get the patch from

somewhere else its possible you had a corrupt download.

The last time I installed Arma 2 was yesterday since i had the problem. So I installed a fresh copy of A2 and OA. I downloaded the patch straight from the official BI page.

Oh, sorry. The thing is that the patch cannot be uninstalled. I can try and download it again from somewhere else, but I have to reinstall everything again and thats really time consuming. Ill try it and let know what happens. By the way, I saw a post of someone who had the same problem but he was ignored completely in the thread.