Sign in to follow this  
Natti

ArmA 2 DVD scratched - requesting music.pbo

So, I discovered that my ArmA2 DVD is a bit scratched and the music.pbo won't copy over to the HDD. So, could someone upload the music.pbo (original, not patched) for me so that I can copy the files from the DVD and download the not-broken music.pbo? That would help me to install this game.

Really looking forward to playing the game in co-op with my brother.

Thanks in advance.

The German publisher, Morpicon, takes damaged OA DVDs in exchange for a lump sum of 10€. Dunno who is the publisher in Scandinavia, check with them if they offer it too

I don't have too much spare money to waste it like that. If someone just uploads the file I'll be fine.

I could provide the download link from Sprocket if possible (I hope it is not against any T&C's)

I'll give you a PM if you want though.

it's BIS' shop for their games and DLCs. Let's just hope the music.pbo is the only file affected

I tested it by making an image of the DVD and then extracting the image. At music.pbo the whole system slowed down to a halt, after a while it continued without problems. So I think that only that file is corrupt/broken.

If you're gonna play co-op with your brother you need 2 versions (cant co-op with one serial I believe, and in the original operation flashpoint you would trigger fade) anyway. So then the solution is very easy, just use his dvd for install.

Did you try cleaning the cd? also, making an image with cloneDVD on the slowest speed might get you a succesful read. I saved my scratched ceasar3 cd that way.

Yeah, my brother has the steam version. And I have tried cleaning it a million times, believe me. And I actually heard about that slow speed copying and tried it but that didn't help either.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Sorry for double posting, but could someone just upload the file? Music.pbo. It's the file that's damaged and it isn't too big, if I would just get my hands on it I would be fine. You can find it from the DVD in \Arma2\Addons.

the steam version has music.pbo as well, just open the game folder

Program files (x86) > steam > steamapps > common > arma 2? > AddOns?

I dont have the steam version, so not sure about the last 2.

Edited by Leon86

But it's the patched one, I need the original. And it would be kinda slow to send it because he lives kinda far away from me and I have an extremely slow internet.

As I doubt that the installer will accept the patched one.

Hmm, I'll ask about it. But it would be kinda faster if someone helpful would just upload it.

I'd be more than happy to upload it for you, but not without a moderator's permission.

So you need the moderators permission to just upload it somewhere like Rapidshare and link it to me?

If so, who are the moderators here?

And what do you mean, avenger?

What does that thing do?

EDIT: I'm not trying to patch but install the game.

It is the download link for ARMA2 Setup files (4 Files, Total 4.7GB) on official BI Online Store.

But it starts downloading the patches.

EDIT: I really don't want to download 4,7gb with my 1mb internet. Could you just simply upload the music.pbo which seems to be something like 60mb.

why not, it's only 13 hours? :)

I guess I could throw up an ftp server but I'll want to see if my nas has a proper firewall first.

Edited by Leon86

Heh heh, very funny. I'm actually quite desperate after trying to get it to work for oh-so-many-hours. Please, someone upload the file.

It is not allowed to upload any ArmA / ArmA2 / CO files at all. No one will you provide a download link here for copyrighted material.

If your disc is broken/scratched get a replacement or buy a digital copy as suggested.