Sign in to follow this  
sawe

Arma 2 texture reaping, missing and flickering.Fix: Don't use Default on video memory

I have just bought a Ati card and came across the problem described in the title.

Textures missing, textures reaping and flicker, and all was due to a advanced setting: Video memory as Default.

Changing it to High( I have a 1G graphic card), solved the problem.

I made a video for demonstration:

Hope this will help someone.

sawe

Hi sawe welcome to the forums.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this issue was found when arma 2 was first released and had been discussed many times since then.

Heres one thread where they discuss the memory settings (not sure if the graphic issue is discussed as i suspect your graphic issue was more to do with overheating, looking at the video): http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84863&highlight=ati+card+memory+setting

Hi sawe welcome to the forums.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this issue was found when arma 2 was first released and had been discussed many times since then.

Heres one thread where they discuss the memory settings (not sure if the graphic issue is discussed as i suspect your graphic issue was more to do with overheating, looking at the video): http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=84863&highlight=ati+card+memory+setting

Dude thats the third lame post you have had.. Its not a over heating issue, and he said he fixed it.

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

I have just bought a Ati card and came across the problem described in the title.

Textures missing, textures reaping and flicker, and all was due to a advanced setting: Video memory as Default.

Changing it to High( I have a 1G graphic card), solved the problem.

I made a video for demonstration:

Hope this will help someone.

sawe

Are you on the latest patched up OA game. and or using the latest betas? All the 6xxx Ati cards are still in some early Ati drivers issues. What would also help is more info on your system/OS, so other ati 6xxx owners can compare.

And how do you know if whether the original memory setting would have such an effect or not without knowing what his actual Card is or system specs are, or what his GPU temperature actually was with the settings used when he made the Video? You don't? My opinion of the video was that it looked like overheating, it doesnt mean it actually was overheating, its just what first came to mind when seeing the video.

And my first 2 post were not lame, unlike your wannabe mod flaming. So i geuss this is now the 3rd thread in which you have brought up your personal issues with me. Whatever your reason for the personal issue with me is, id dont know, and i dont care, as i have not done or said anything towards you that would upset or offend you. So get off your high horse KKlownboy and grow up a bit before you get back on your horse.

Additional Post:

Just noticed that on the youtube page he does say the card is an ATI 5770, which is the same card i have, and i never have such issues as what was seen in the video when using any off the memory settings. So knowing the rest of his full system specs would prove useful to others with similar system specs that are having the same issue.

Edited by teaboy

Hi,

here are details from my machine:

Windows XP Home

Asus EAH5770 CUcore/G/2DI/1GD5

Catalyst version 10.12

Asus 785D-M Pro

Amd Phenom II X2 555

2x1G Kingston DDR 2

350W power with 16A and 18A 12V rails.

Arma is Steam version 1.57.76815 and launched as Combined operations.

P.S. Just runned the benchmark 8 again, with video memory set to default, and no artifacts. Kept on digging, and if I change the 3D settings to Optimal performance from Catalyst, the artifacts reappear!