Sign in to follow this  
Lorca

Is HiFi sound mod incompatible with CSM2?

Like the title says is it compatible? My logic tells me that if two different files has the same name than it will clash. But I'm not 100% sure since Arma2 modding rules are more complicated than in other games I've played.

Maybe they overlap with some sounds?

The last thing I want is to hear both sounds at the same time unless they were meant to compliment each other. I'm confuse how the files are named. For example a file from modder TangoRomeo`s Wheeled Vehicles Sound vs. CSM2:

trsm_wheeled_vehicles.pbo

CSM2_c_Vehicles.pbo

CSM2_s_Vehicles.pbo

CSM2 states that this two files modifies Wheeled Vehicles: Sounds for wheeled vehicles.

If CSM2 alters the same files as TangoRomeo`s Wheeled Vehicles why do they have different names(not counting the author name, of course)

Edited by Lorca

Ask in the respective thread. I think they aren't meant to be used together. Not sure though.

Good luck.

Like the title says is it compatible? My logic tells me that if two different files has the same name than it will clash. But I'm not 100% sure since Arma2 modding rules are more complicated than in other games I've played.
The last thing I want is to hear both sounds at the same time unless they were meant to compliment each other. I'm confuse how the files are named. For example a file from modder TangoRomeo`s Wheeled Vehicles Sound vs. CSM2:

trsm_wheeled_vehicles.pbo

CSM2_c_Vehicles.pbo

CSM2_s_Vehicles.pbo

CSM2 states that this two files modifies Wheeled Vehicles: Sounds for wheeled vehicles.

If CSM2 alters the same files as TangoRomeo`s Wheeled Vehicles why do they have different names(not counting the author name, of course)

Because they are both sound mods, that's the reason to name them both sound mods! ;) They really don't have similar names at all.

If they replace the same sounds then which ever mod folder appears last in your shortcut's target line will have precedence.

So if the target line looks like this:

-mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@CSM2;@TRSM;@CBA

(Just an example)

In this instance both sound mods will be used but only the sounds from CSM2 that aren't modified by TRSM will be used. All TRSM sounds will be used if both sound mods change said sound. If you have @TRSM then @CSM2 the CSM2 sounds will overwrite the TRSM sounds if they both modify the same sounds. Here any TRSM sound that is not in CSM2 will be heard as well.

I'm not sure which sounds overlap in these two sound mods but if you take a minute to check out each thread and the description of the sound mod you will get a better feel.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

Enjoy this ass-tastic game!

The game will run with 2 sound mods in place, but as to which mod will affect the actual game sounds.. well good luck.

For example.

Running HiFi weapons pbo's and CSM weapons pbo's will work, but only one of them will actually overwrite BIS vanilla sounds the other will just not be used.

Best thing is to try each mod seperately and then write down which aspects you like, once you have decided only run those pbo's.

Also, a search for either of our respective threads would have been smarter ;)

EDIT: Well, tbf you have found chammys thread :)

Edited by Mark XIII

Because they are both sound mods, that's the reason to name them both sound mods! ;) They really don't have similar names at all.

If they replace the same sounds then which ever mod folder appears last in your shortcut's target line will have precedence.

So if the target line looks like this:

-mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@CSM2;@TRSM;@CBA

(Just an example)

In this instance both sound mods will be used but only the sounds from CSM2 that aren't modified by TRSM will be used. All TRSM sounds will be used if both sound mods change said sound. If you have @TRSM then @CSM2 the CSM2 sounds will overwrite the TRSM sounds if they both modify the same sounds. Here any TRSM sound that is not in CSM2 will be heard as well.

I'm not sure which sounds overlap in these two sound mods but if you take a minute to check out each thread and the description of the sound mod you will get a better feel.

I hope this clears things up a bit.

Enjoy this ass-tastic game!

So the mods that loads last takes priority? Like in your first example, @CBA takes the highest priority?

Btw, I'm new to the forums(I joined in yesterday:))

There is an existing thread for HiFi, which you can find here. Please search before posting next time. Thanks. :)