Sign in to follow this  
kage74

A request for all user made missions.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this and if an admin feels this post should be moved to a more appropriate forum please feel free to do so.

I play a lot of use made missions and campaigns and I frequently encounter errors where a mission calls for an addon that was neither listed as a required addon or was actually used in the mission itself.

While it is easy enough to DePBO the file and remove the erroneous addon from the mission.sqm and fix the mission in the mission editor. I feel that the proper use of mod folders would be more beneficial to the community.

When making a custom mission please turn off the mod folders of any addons you do not intend to be used in the mission. This should prevent them from inadvertently showing up in the mission.sqm. Either that or check your mission.sqm and be sure what addons are actually being called for before you finalize the mission and list the required addons.

Thank you!

Its not just user made addon's that result this error. Some missions created using previous patched versions can result in suchs errors too, same if you happen to be using a previous patch whilst the mission was designed using a more recent patch version. Most people that design missions will list the addons that they were using whilst designing the mission but there's little that can be done if no addons were used and it happens purely because of different patch version's. Which is probably more likely to be the issue your coming across, though am not saying everyone does list the addons used, as some don't give them a second thought.

Best thing to do when you come across such missions is to post the error causing addon up in the mission thread on the forum, so that the creater and anyone playing the mission can fix it.