Sign in to follow this  
armored_sheep

Shotgun ammo

Added basic info about new parameter used for shotgun ammo in comunity wiki. http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Weapons_settings#CfgAmmo

"fireSpreadAngle=3; // Value for shotgun ammo (Arrowhead) with defined simulation=shotSpread; Number defines half of spread angle in degrees. Shot is simulated by 9 bullets which trajectory and damage is calculated for each separately (hit, indirectHit). If target is hit by complete buckshot, damage is 9x."

Great info ..... thanks.

*He wonders if a CIWS might get great benefits from this ammo too :D *

mmmmm

35m Lockheed Martin Millenium Naval gun???

Nice idea

For rapid firing guns, I suggest to try multiple muzzle points defined simillar way as the Arrowhead AH-6 Littlebird (he can fire both gattling guns at the same time)

Does that multi-muzzle definition work on anything other than choppers?

Thought it was restricted to Helicopter class only.

Hope I'm wrong.

Also from my own testing: using the fired event handler with this type of ammo returns only one object per shot (and fires only once). The object seems to reference all 9 pellets as a single container object, so anything you do to that object (deleteVehicle, setPos, setVelocity, whatever) seems to get applied to all 9 of them. The spread pattern seems to be relative to this object, so for example changing the velocity keeps the spread pattern intact.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Gnat;1822262']Great info ..... thanks.

*He wonders if a CIWS might get great benefits from this ammo too :D *

Also something I tested: tracers don't appear to work on shotSpread. So if you're willing to give up those beautiful tracers....