Sign in to follow this  
Cobra5

Game freezes at same point every time

In mission 04, Coltan Blues, after I beat the mission it simply fades to black, and then nothing happens. I've tried restarting the mission several times, I've tried lowering my graphics, closing all background applications (Steam, skype...) but it always follows that exact behavior- After beating the mission it fades to black and nothing happens.

This is on Operation Arrowhead only. No mods, I have ARMAII but its not installed.

Intel Core2 Duo (3ghz)

Nvidia GTX470

4GB RAM

after I beat the mission it simply fades to black

You beat the mission and the game freezes, as in you have to restart the game to replay it again,

or is it the mission that ends and wont restart.

If you beat it and it fades to black it could be scripted or a trigger setup to do that, not that I know but again

do you have to restart your game to replay the mission or another?

I must Alt+F4 to exit the game.

It fades to black as if it was scripted to do so (IE a gentle fade, not just a crash to black screen). And in fact if I hit Alt+F4 it stops and says "Saving Game" or "quitting..." on the screen, as if the game is still running fine.

However after fading to black nothing happens, no matter how long I wait, the screen just stays black. Besides alt+F4, AltCtrlDel or other such commands, there is no response (Esc does not bring up the menu for example). This occurs after shooting down the enemy jets.

If I try to load that save game it also just goes right to the black screen and stays there forever. I can "revert" and play the mission over and over but cannot advance past that point. Is there a cheat to force the mission to win? I already beat it, it just won't let me advance...

[edit]: Before it comes up, yes, I updated my video drivers.

Edited by Cobra5

Hmm dont know really what to tell you with that mission other then is that the only mission

that does it or is it like that for all of them?

Is there a cheat to force the mission to win?

ya edit the mission, but thats not a cheat, as far as I know there are no cheats and I personally

dont see the point of cheating anyways.

Editor all the way, build your own missions!

It is only this mission (04: Coltan Blues).

I see the point of cheating if it let's me advance, when the game is broken. If the game worked, I would not think to cheat either.

Editor is cool but I would like to play this campaign... not make my own...

Its sad I am expected to finish building a game myself that I already paid for :(

By any chance, do you use mods? I had the same problem, but then I disabled GL4 and it worked.

No, as I said in my opening post.

No mods, I have ARMAII but its not installed.

It is only this mission (04: Coltan Blues).

I see the point of cheating if it let's me advance, when the game is broken. If the game worked, I would not think to cheat either.

Editor is cool but I would like to play this campaign... not make my own...

Its sad I am expected to finish building a game myself that I already paid for :(

Hold L-Shift+keypad minus, let go, then type ENDMISSION and it should take you to the debriefing screen (you wont see any text anywhere but it will still work).

@Gunter...he was asking for a cheat/workaround to continue playing the game, not to just cheat his way thru. Who cares if you think cheats are "bad" or not, they are useful for debugging and testing also

Edited by No Use For A Name

Who cares if you think cheats are "bad" or not, they are useful for debugging and testing also

Why the attitude? Did you have to say that?, wasn't

@Gunter...he was asking for a cheat/workaround to continue playing the game,

not to just cheat his way thru

enough?

Did i say something to you, is he your little kid brother or something and your defending him?

A better explanation and details would bring a different response, I dont care tbh if he cheats or not unless its MP, and that you pointed it out

cheating can be used to test and debug, that makes more sense to me. All you had to say or something like it.

When someone says "Is there a cheat to force the mission to win?" as in his 2nd post, what am I supposed to think that hed rather

hack the game or mission so he can win which it looks clearly like it was his intention even though he had already beat the mission,

or had another idea. I seen his intention to want to get through the mission.

All i said is I dont see the point of cheating anyways, so clearly someone like youself could have said what you said it can be used for this and that,

well then thats fine.

Were all playing this game like you, and I'm here to help if i can, I dont give an attitude, nor get personal, nor did I attack anyone personally

here or made such comments that made it appear that way, so why TF am I getting it?!

Glad I can do my part and get stepped on, I appreciate the courtesy from my fellow forum mates.

Why the attitude? Did you have to say that?, wasn't enough?

Did i say something to you, is he your little kid brother or something and your defending him?

A better explanation and details would bring a different response, I dont care tbh if he cheats or not unless its MP, and that you pointed it out

cheating can be used to test and debug, that makes more sense to me. All you had to say or something like it.

When someone says "Is there a cheat to force the mission to win?" as in his 2nd post, what am I supposed to think that hed rather

hack the game or mission so he can win which it looks clearly like it was his intention even though he had already beat the mission,

All i said is I dont see the point of cheating anyways, so clearly someone like youself could have said what you said it can be used for this and that,

well then thats fine.

Were all playing this game like you, and I'm here to help if i can, I dont give an attitude, nor get personal, nor did I attack anyone personally

here or made such comments that made it appear that way, so why TF am I getting it?!

Glad I can do my part and get stepped on, I appreciate the courtesy from my fellow forum mates.

Wow, don't take it so seriously...

Sorry if I sounded rude; and I certainly didn't "attack" you on any level; I was simply pointing out that cheats aren't always used only for the sake of cheating, and they CAN help. I wasn't trying to start a pissing-match :rolleyes:

Lighten up a little, sheesh

Edited by No Use For A Name

Um

So I guess there is no-one that knows of a fix then... lol

I will just have to skip this mission I suppose. I have searched other forums and this is a common problem, or at least other people have it, but there are no solutions I can find...

So far I am very disappointing at how buggy this game is. The first mission took me four tries to get it to work... my squad keeps laying down in the open, advancing one foot, and laying down again... for 45 minutes... I restart and they do the same thing... I restart and we advance to the village, but when we clear it, the objective does not complete and my squad just stands in one place waiting forever... TBH I wish I did not purchase it... no offense :( it would be a truly fantastic game if it worked.

Have you patched the game to 1.57 or not?

If not then apply the patch and see if the problem still exists. After all there is a reason why these patches are released.

it would be a truly fantastic game if it worked.

It actually works, since release to be honest. It just depends on how you define "working". A broken mission, probably fixed already in a patch, does not make a game unplayable or not working.

Patched to latest?

I asked you a question and never got an answer and then you say it doesn't work. :rolleyes:

I asked you a question and never got an answer and then you say it doesn't work.

I am sorry for missing your post, I did not see it :(

Anyway, it says I have version 1.57.76815

It actually works, since release to be honest. It just depends on how you define "working". A broken mission, probably fixed already in a patch, does not make a game unplayable or not working.

I am sorry for not saying that I have already patched (silly of me...) but no, it is not fixed in a patch it seems :(

Here I have same problem...Bought game over Steam..latest patch....same problem....

I have Windows 7 64bit..

I am also having the glitch in the very same spot after the same event as described by the original poster. I shoot down the aircraft, then the loading screen comes up, and stays there for ever until the monitor goes into power save mode.

I have Googled around and seen a few people that have brought this issue up in Steam and Armaholic forums. No one seems to know why it happens or have a solution. It bothers me because I had the same problem with ARMA 2, and have yet to finish a campaign because I have a life and can't replay 4 hour segments from the beginning.

But considering the slew of bugs this game has, we have to count our blessings that it doesn't fry our motherboards. I have the latest patched version of the game through steam, as steam keeps it up to date automatically.

Why the attitude? Did you have to say that?, wasn't enough?

well then thats fine.

Edited by Grevensher

Was their a point in quoting what i said?, usually quotes come first then your answer. anyways..

But considering the slew of bugs this game has, we have to count our blessings that it doesn't fry our motherboards.

God Forbid is this game unplayable how in the world do we manage!?

Every game has bugs, and tbh the bugs dont really bother me as I know someone either BIS or a player will report it

and a ticket will be created, and it will be fixed in a patch.

I dont want to take your attitude the wrong way or start something unnessary but if you dont like it there are other games that

are so called bug free, and personally i really dont see what bugs other then the ones that "may" prevent you from playing there are.

If you meet the requirements, installed your game properly, installed mods how their supposed to be installed if you use them,

and patched your game.

Ideally and in general there shouldn't be any problems with running the game.

Obviously there are gameplay bugs but BIS games have as far as I have known them have always been in a state of WIP where upgrading,

enhancements, fixes, adjustments and what not keep coming, this game is more then what anyone can bargain for vs your run of the mill games.

There is very goods support for BIS games with BIS and players alike in our community, if you want help, ask for it, but dont complain,

do your part and report the bugs if you find them and care too.

I've just had this, exactly the same point, in the same mission. All drivers up to date and on patch 1.57. If it helps diagnose the problem, my screen isn't entirely blank, the loading bar appears at the bottom but is dimmer than it would be if anything were actually loading.

Looks like a corrupt load to me, obviously as it's hanging on a load screen of some sort the endmission cheat isn't possible.

In mission 04, Coltan Blues, after I beat the mission it simply fades to black, and then nothing happens. I've tried restarting the mission several times, I've tried lowering my graphics, closing all background applications (Steam, skype...) but it always follows that exact behavior- After beating the mission it fades to black and nothing happens.

This is on Operation Arrowhead only. No mods, I have ARMAII but its not installed.

Intel Core2 Duo (3ghz)

Nvidia GTX470

4GB RAM

hey man, had the exact same problem what i did to get around it is right after i downed the last su25 and got the task complete, i just held down left shit and the - on the keypad let go (nothing new is going to appear) but even though you dont see anything like i thought a cheat menu or new window would pop up or something which nothing did so you just type endmission, and it will clear it. I got all tasks completed and everything so it didnt discredit me for missing any parts. hope this helps.