Sign in to follow this  
ZeeSquared

Mission Rotation & Dedicated Server Showing Single Player Missions

We run three missions on our server, but sadly we can only initiate one at the moment. Here's part of our server.cfg:

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers = 1;
voteThreshold = 0.25;

// MISSION CYCLE
class Missions
{
 class Domination_Chernarus
 {
   template = "ACME_Domination_BAF.Chernarus";
   difficulty = "veteran";
 };
 class Domination_Takistan
 {
   template = "ACME_Domination_BAF.Takistan";
   difficulty = "veteran";
 };
 class Evolution_Lingor
 {
   template = "GITSEvolutionLingor_v2.Lingor.pbo";
   difficulty = "veteran";
 };
};

When we log in as admin and do '#missions', the mission selection list shows the appropriate mission, but it also shows all the missions on the admin's personal computer. I'd imagine that it would only show the missions available on the dedicated server, no? If we select for example ACME_Domination_BAF.Chernarus, it'll load, but with the admin's ARMA 2 profile settings and not the server's.

Would anyone know how to set it so that we can get a mission selection screen with only the dedicated server's mission list? That, as well as being able to vote on a mission? Because at the moment even doing '#vote missions' will throw you to the mission selection screen, causing the same problems as mentioned above.

Is there a method to auto-rotate the missions, so that once the first one completes it'll auto load the next one without having someone needing to log in and hit 'Continue?' I've read the Wiki's server.cfg file, but for some reason we can't get it to auto rotate missions or even show a selection for the missions when we declare them under Class Missions.

If this is how it's intended, then please disregard.

:)

Hello,

To answer your questiosn as best As I can,

Would anyone know how to set it so that we can get a mission selection screen with only the dedicated server's mission list?

Edit the server.cfg class missions list, make it look like this:

class Missions
{};

just delete all the missions with class missions being the top of the list, and what will happen is when you get on the

server the islands for the missions you have will only show up, so you click on the island for the mission you want and the

missions built for the isnalds will show up accordingly.

The missions list you deleted if you go that route wont showup, so im not sure if you still want to play stock missions or not,

but if you do then you could prob get them off your disc or maybe from your directory.

If you dont want the missions from your computer showing up in the list too with the missions that are on the server

then make a folder in your mp missions folder that is in your main directory and move all the mp missions pbos to that folder, that will just hide them.

Is there a method to auto-rotate the missions

Hmm only thing I can think of is the mission class list, I would think you need a code of some sort in the cfg to make it auto rotate,

I wouldn't know about that, I only play custom missions that dont end.

Is the dedicated server someone's home computer? Maybe that's why the admin's mp missions list is showing up... About all I can think of there. I've never seen a SP mission show up on any of my servers. Are you sure they aren't the mp versions of the sp missions that you are seeing?

The only thing I see wrong in your mission list is you need take out the '.pbo' in the third mission listing.

Hi all,

in my case its the other way round: the single player missions dont show on the dedicated server :( I hope these can be played in COOP? Can someone post an example server.cfg pls, that shows how to add them?

THX,

MaC

If you want SP missions to show up you will need to put them in the MPmissions folder, however this will not allow you to play SP missions Coop or MP - for this you have to edit the mission and put in player slots instead of AI's. Example of a SP mission where you are player 1 and AI's are player 2-5...for this to play coop you will need to edit the mission and put players in slot 2-5 and then its a Coop mission for 5 players. Doing this might allso ruin the mission if the creator of the mission has scripted any triggers or "special events" for the AI that is now a player. In other words not all SP missions can be converted to MP missions and the other way around.

@thread starter

- is your dedicated hosted on the same computer your admin is playing on ?

- The missions that are not working, are they using mods (Lingor and ACE or any other) ?

Like Gunter says

class Missions
{};

will greet the first player connecting to choose mission, but only the missions the player has addon islands for. If player is not connecting with Lingor the missions for Lingor will be blocked from his view.

If your hosting dedicated on the same computer that has the players install, then the game will most lightly show whats in the players MPmissions folder. The game looks in MPmissions folder if not directed elsewhere or if the dedicated server file is put in another folder structure.

Edited by cri74

Hi,

I just wanted to play the normal campaign missions (like Manhattan) in COOP, I thought this would be possible.

So I have to edit the mission? :(

THX and BR;

MaC

I don't think they can be hosted on a dedi.

They are designed for 1 player to host and the other 3 join via ip or thru the mp browser.

They can be hosted on a "normal" client and also players can join in instead of AI, so I don't see why they should not work on dedi.

Can anyone point me to some guide pls, how to even try? I don't know how to edit the missions so they can be played on dedi, the included editor does not do much for me :(

THX,

MaC