Sign in to follow this  
[kh]jman

ArmA2 Persistent Database Scripts - WIP

Okay, Mission runs.. But there seem no way to save the loadout.

Arma2Net Log:

Info: 17:40:33 - Arma2NETMySQL Plugin Started.

Info: 17:40:33 - Version number: 0.1

Info: 17:40:33 - Compiled with Arma2NET Version: 1.10.0.0

Info: 17:40:33 - Loading databases...

Info: 17:40:33 - Database: arma IPAddress: 127.0.0.1 Port: 3306 Username: root Password: NotShownForSecurityReasons

Server RPT:

http://pastebin.com/MnAVR7MW

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:50 ----------

okay, wrong database... will correct this i try again..

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:52 ----------

Arma2net still trys to connect to wrong database. I have corrected the databases.txt in arma root ... Don't know what to try... one more try an i'll give up.. :(

Yes, i've corrected the databases.txt but it's still not running. Also there's no new logfile...

So what happens when you load the mission? Do you see the crate in front of you? When you go up to the crate and use the scroll wheel, does anything show up? One of the options should load a dialog system (which is unfinished). However, the top item for creating a loadout should work. Are you able to get this far? If there are no errors in the .log file (not the RPT) then it should be fine and it should be connecting to the database.

Okay, i tried it... But i cant create a New loadout. Seems there IS no Connection TO THE Database ... But sometimes THE Server wont create a logfile. i dont know why THE Server sometimes dont create one. It IS THE Same startup every Start.

Sorry for stupid textstyle.. Sometimes i hate my iPhone

Hmm, that really doesn't make sense to me. I'm not sure why it would work one minute and not the next. I frequent AlphaSquad:

http://www.alphasquad.net/home/

on Teamspeak often so try me there. Maybe we can get this resolved. Providing concrete details of what you have done, exact log files, and what works and doesn't work would be helpful. At the moment, your descriptions are quite vague.

Okay, i tried it... But i cant create a New loadout. Seems there IS no Connection TO THE Database ... But sometimes THE Server wont create a logfile. i dont know why THE Server sometimes dont create one. It IS THE Same startup every Start.

Sorry for stupid textstyle.. Sometimes i hate my iPhone

Jman;2151777']

I've also just updated the readme.html to include the installation steps

Jman' date=' I think there is a small error in your 'readme' as the link to the connector is going to the ODBC variant and shouldnt it be the .NET one ?

Also where can I find the 6.4.3. mysql.data.dll ? I can only find 6.4.5 or 6.3.9. Or am I looking in the wrong spots ?

(had to remove links due to not enough posts :))

Found 6.4.3.0 --> http://mysql.proserve.nl/Downloads/Connector-Net/mysql-connector-net-6.4.3-noinstall.zip

Edited by zomaar19

https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/

6.5.4 - This is what I tested with. Works great. :)

Strange... I tried it too (6.5.4) but it kept giving me an error that it needed 6.4.3. After I replaced it with 6.4.3 I got a step further :)

Going to test it some more.

No tried it again with replacing 6.4.3 in my "@Arma2NET\AddIns\Arma2NETMySQLPlugin" folder with 6.5.4 and it will give an error that it cant find 6.4.3.

Swapped it back and presto it works :)

(btw.. also thank YOU for your awesome coding :P)

Jman;2175409']Thank you. I've amended the readme.

No.. thank YOU. For this awesome piece of coding :) and your patience with answering questions on this forum !

I took some fiddling for my side. But it worked straight out of the box.

Edited by zomaar19

Heads up, Firefly's lastest Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.dll seems to be causing insert issues: https://github.com/firefly2442/Arma2NETMySQLPlugin/issues/1

Hopefully he can get a fix up asap.

In the meantime here is a link to the older Arma2NETMySQLPlugin.dll which works fine.

Tested with 6.4.3 and 6.5.4 .net mysql connectors.

Edited by [KH]Jman

Got it working!

Edited by Waltsu

i Really need help as i have set up a local database which is connected to mysql. However i am not sure how to connect mysql to arma 2 and then to my dedicated server so i can save my character data as well as my friends on my mission/game. So is there anyway anyone could help me?

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

I am really stuck and need a lot of help, as i have read the readme but i was stuck halfway throught. And have no clue what to do next

Got it working!

I have the seerver stuck at saying trying to connect to client and i need help on how to solve that problem, can u help?

I have the seerver stuck at saying trying to connect to client and i need help on how to solve that problem, can u help?

Hey!

Post some logs from the server and i can try to help.

Go to this location %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA

and then post log file named arma2oaserver.rpt

After that Arma2net log would be great, location for file: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Arma2NET

So post both files to this thread and i will check em out.

Hey!

Post some logs from the server and i can try to help.

Go to this location %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA

and then post log file named arma2oaserver.rpt

After that Arma2net log would be great, location for file: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Arma2NET

So post both files to this thread and i will check em out.

Ok here is my arma 2 oa server log

=====================================================================

== D:\games\Arma 2\Bohemia Interactive\arma2oaserver.exe

== "D:\games\Arma 2\Bohemia Interactive\arma2oaserver.exe"

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2012/06/18 00:38:42

Current time: 2012/06/19 20:10:44

Version 1.60.93825

Item STR_ACTIONS_BUILD listed twice

Item STR_EQUIP_NAME_41 listed twice

Item STR_EQUIP_DESC_41 listed twice

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/CA_Magazine/

Updating base class ->PistolCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Pistol/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/ItemCore/

Updating base class ->Citizen, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1/

Updating base class ->SkodaBase, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/car_sedan/

Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Fire/

Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_A_tent/

Updating base class ->Camp_base, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ACamp/

Updating base class RscText->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscTitles/Default/

Updating base class HouseBase->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl/

Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_2/

Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_3/

Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind/

Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind_zebr/

Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class ->m107, by ca\weapons_e\m107\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m107_TWS_EP1/

Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_e\uh1h\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_base/

Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Crew_PMC/

Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_W/

Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_L_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_L_W/

Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_Officer_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_Officer_W/

Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_SniperH_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_SniperH_W/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseMediumPale/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseStrongPale/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_EP1/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Cable_EP1/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street1_decor_EP1/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Small_EP1/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street1_EP1/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street2_EP1/

Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lampa_Ind_EP1/

and for some reason i have looked but my arma 2net log file is not there. However i did install in in the arma 2 directory

Edited by gerarddude5100

Sorry guys, work's really busy so I'm unable to help troubleshoot at the moment but it looks like some of the community are helping so thats great thank you :)

To gerarddude5100:

Please Check your startup. Rpt Looks like you Dont Start cba and arma2net. Which mods are in startup?

Please post your startup link here.

And Check jmans dedicated Server Guide for setup your Server.

To gerarddude5100:

Please Check your startup. Rpt Looks like you Dont Start cba and arma2net. Which mods are in startup?

Please post your startup link here.

And Check jmans dedicated Server Guide for setup your Server.

When i start up my dedicated server tool (TA2DST v1.3) it says that i have loaded the mods @CBA and @Arma2Net and when i start up my game and connect to the server it says im missing CbA_A2 Main and i thought that might be a hint of it working. So to be honest im not to sure about how to get @Arma2Net working

You have TO get THE latest cba Version. You Need cba,cba_a2 and cba_oa in this Order. Also you have TO Run THE latest Beta Version of arma2 oa.

---------- Post added at 10:27 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

Please Check my prev. Posts TO see how my Server Starts.

Right i have downloaded the latest verstion of the beta build and the cba, cba_A2 and CBA_oa and i have added them to my dedicated server but when i lunch the example mission i get trying to connect to client.