Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

Slow boats....why is it so?

I think I've tried just about every configuration to get an AI controlled PBX to drive to shore quickly using waypoints but the boat would be luck to reach 5kph - do I need a script for this or am I just setting up the waypoint specs incorrectly?

cheers

Lighty

no i have wp in the water but that boat aint travellin real fast

game has been patched to 1.56

none of those things seem to have any effect - can't believe it has to be so complicated to make a boat travel at a decent speed instead of 2 miles per hour or something ridiculous like that.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

ok i have found the fix -

put this code in the init line of the boat in this case "boat2"

boat2 forcespeed 20;

make sure the waypoint move to the beach stops just short of the land - if that waypoint is even 1 meter onto what the boat (game engine really) thinks is land then the boat seems to abort its speed and moves cautiously towards the land, like it's concerned about crashing.

so just test the waypoint positioning and the boat should haul ass to shore and pull up just short - at this point in my mission I unload my crew and trigger a upsmon reinforce so the men immediately move up the hill to a designated zone.