Sign in to follow this  
mark turner

quick question about command lines text for mods

I am just getting aquainted with how this all works, and have managed to get my combined ops install working fine, and ACE installed. I also have installed BAF and PMC dlc. My command line looks like this:

"D:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@ACE;@ACEX

Is this correct for my combined ops install? reason I ask is that in various guides and threads I have been reading, example command lines have the CBA section showing @CBA_OA, while mine say @CBA_A2.

As general rule, for using combined ops, should anything in the command line referencing A2 be changed to OA?

Oh and one more quick question, I have downloaded TheD's predefined user values for GL4, its a .7z file - how do I open it / where does it go? the files in the userconfig/GL4 floder are .sqf files....

Cheers, mark

Edited by mark turner

Most addons/mods do have a readme file included where you will see and find the informations you need, for example:

@CBA => Copy this directory to your Arma II game directory (see manual for more details).

@CBA_OA => Copy this aswell, but only if you have a standalone Operation Arrowhead installation.

@CBA_A2 => Copy this if you have ArmA II but not Arrowhead.

For Combined Operations (ArmA II and Arrowhead installed together):

-mod=@CBA

For a standalone Operation Arrowhead:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA

For ArmA II only (people without Arrowhead):

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2

Happy hunting! :)

packing/unpacking files can be done with 7-Zip: http://www.7-zip.org/

Wow, thats was quick!! Thanks, i thought I had it wrong.

I must say the community for this game is just amazing and so helpful.

Cheers, Mark

I think most people would recommend the use of a suitable ArmA2 Launcher to make this stuff easier. It might seem fiddly at frst but it's no more fiddly than the manual way, and once you've got it sussed it's much easier and convenient.

The big thing to remember about addons is that they go in the @ModName\Addons folder, not just the @ModName folder.

As regards mods/mod lines ... priority check this never leave home without it thread :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=96591

I was a multiple startup icon/shorcut fanatic for some time, after all the loooong mod lines for betas and things (that slowly grow & grow) I was prompted to get a mod launcher and found that the above linked was perfect for all and betas.

That way you have a one stop shop to quick switch out what you want before diving into the game. Nice and easy. Takes a little to set yourself up and get it how you want but then once done, its easy to update and continue.

As general rule, for using combined ops, should anything in the command line referencing A2 be changed to OA?

Go to the arma2 folder and use the exe that ends "OA" with the yellow icon ... this is the exe a shortcut should be made from as combined ops (using just arma2 will only give you arma2), although after install of OA/CO you should have a desktop icon created already pointing to it.

GL4 has all the instructions with it, check them out gives all details or check the Group Link 4 thread in the addons complete section.

Edited by mrcash2009