Sign in to follow this  
Path-x

Problem with the mission 06: From Hell

I have just completed the Helicopter mission where I was shot down. When I start the next mission I get a message "Task Failed: Locate The Pilot" and the mission ends in failure. I am stuck. Can anyone help?

I have same problem, except nobody was shot down in 05 mission. I destroyed aa's and landed safely.

I reverted the 05 mission and completed it again without being hit. I landed and it was all fine. Now the next mission works fine and strangely it have another name (06: Sandstorms).

I suggest you try to revert the helicopter mission as well. Make sure you don't get damaged beyond flying capability and make sure you return to base. Since you said you did RTB perhaps you got damaged during the landing and the game assumed you bailed out.

I hope it helps.

I have just completed the Helicopter mission where I was shot down. When I start the next mission I get a message "Task Failed: Locate The Pilot" and the mission ends in failure. I am stuck. Can anyone help?

I wannet to open a thread about this then i found your. I have the same problem like you, the same as you describe... Only thing is cos' i dont want to revert this mission cos' i want to play "from hell"! It seems so good! Can anybody to explain that bug and what should we do to have it? Thanks!

I replayed the 05 mission several times without luck, then one try i completed objectives as always but on landing damaged my chopper badly. After that 06 changed from hell to sandstorms.

Another thing was that the campaign jumped 07 mission to 09 mission.

Strange things...

Same problem over here.

The first time I played M05 I got killed and then the next mission started. Is this supposed to happen?

Thankfully I wasn't able to load an old savegame, because the game deciced to delete them when the next mission started.

So I played M05 again and won. Now I got this problem. Anyone with a solution which does not involve playing it over and over again?

Glad to see I'm not the only one. A google on this topic shows a few others mentioning the same problem. One poster indicates the problem didn't occur until after the last patch, but who knows.

The only fix that I've seen seen discussed is to reply mission 5 and not get captured so that you dont have to play mission 6. That's a garbage solution of course, but the only work around that seems to be available.:mad:

We were able to reproduce this bug, looks like it's been introduced in one of the latest patches.

We're very sorry about the inconvenience, and will do our best to fix it ASAP.

The fix will be present in the upcoming patch 1.57.

I had another thread about my issue:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112620

I am not sure if my question is the same as those posed in this thread, but I noticed that a patch for this will be included in 1.57, which I am using.

I went through OA campaign once, avoiding From Hell, which is not in my mission list (only Sandstorm). Now I want to play From Hell. I was advised to simply "Revert" the Open Season (helicopter) mission, and crash land in enemy territory without dying. Is that correct? From this thread, I am now not so sure.