Sign in to follow this  
kenjara

PMC Purple shaders

Hey I just got the new DLC and am getting purple shades in places or what I guess usually is the lighting shader on my character and anything nearby.

If I look straight up it goes normal, but look anywhere else and theres purple tints.

I tried loading a BAF mission and that still looked fine.

I have am ATI 5870 1GB

I tried to take a screenshot but it just print screens my desktop instead.

Edited by kenjara

Yes, I have this problem in PMC. All shadows have purple shading and the colours generally seem more muted. I use a GTX 285 and have the latest NVidia drivers (260.99) under W7 Ultimate 64-bit. OA and Arma2 seem fine.

offtopic but btw. I recommend for all users of ATI 5... or 6... series driver 10.10e (hotfix, newer than 10.11), I have great performance and visual quality with it.

Just a quick update, it seems this only effects the first mission. I am on mission 3 or 4 now and have not seen it again.

The only problem I have now is the cut scenes grinding my game to a halt for some reason.

I have purple shaders too. I thought that was an artistic choice to make the lighting seem more harsh.

i have the gamersgate version and also have purple for shadows , plus my note for first mission in campaign is unread able,

http://picasaweb.google.com/Nashash/PMC?authkey=Gv1sRgCKSH_u-Fn42Z6gE&feat=directlink

i just notice when i save the game progress i get nice dark shadows,

only PMC looks like this ,

Edited by nashash

Same as Kenjara, purple shades, latest drivers, stuttering video, any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

as for Nashashs's complaint, in Single player, the notes are ok, but in multiplayer campaign it is just gibberish