Sign in to follow this  
Wadi

3dsmax

Well?

I want to be a modeller. I don't know where to start, but a lot of people use 3dsmax and I've heard it is the easiest thing to use to make opf mods. So can somebody give me a link to where I can download it please?

Its not program that is free to download. Expensive commercial product.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ May 07 2002,19:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its not program that is free to download. Expensive commercial product.<span id='postcolor'>

*cough* ofcourse you can always search KaZaA *cough* smile.gif

*cough* yes you could but *cough* no one would be that naughty because warez is bad. Baaad.

doesnt seem like a good idea to get it off a kazaa =|

You want to model. Well good luck but dont forget modelling is far from easy stuff like guns are not to complicated and after a few weeks you should be able to make your first but beeing good at vehicles can take months if not years

If you have some good blueprints or even a physical model you can look at, modelling vehicles really isnt all that hard. Some parts are, and it can be time consuming but i dont think it takes years to learn unless you are a real slow learner.

I do believe it takes a few years to become a real professional.

Maybe to make the kind of super high polygon high detail models used in films and graphical presentations and such. But low poly modelling for games? Naw doesnt take years.

For instance, Keges Hawk is a good model. Prior to him making that, i cant remember kege ever having modelled before. Some people can just pick something up and go for it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ May 07 2002,21:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Keges Hawk is a good model.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, *cough* there are some things I should have done in a totally different way to make it more optimized, have less faces and look better... But it started out as a testing model (Its my first lowpolygon model ever, and last time I really used 3Dsmax before the hawk was years ago) and ended up as a nice looking addon, and it was kinda too late to remodel the whole thing when I had it 90% done already tounge.gif

But, in lowpolygon modeling a rather important part is not to start doing things right away, but examine the thing you are going to model and think of best ways of doing it. 3Dsmax might not be The Tool for lowpolygon modeling, some people say it sucks for that but I havent really used anything else and its tools are familiar to me so I use it.

Its also good to know how 3D game engines and 3D accelerators work, which helps to you optimize the model and avoid problems later on.

Well as a first model it is prett good and looks nice in OFP. And it didnt take you a couple of years to learn how to make it. Though of course modellers can only get better over the years. Provided they continue to model

It does take sometime. Its just this game is so very complicated to make models for considering all the things you have to take into acount. I first started modeling for a game called Battlezone II. Cool game. Has the same concept as flashpoint. More of a tank sim though. You could get in and out of stuff like in ofp. Anyway it was alittle easier to make models for that game. Much easier.

I got a load of modelling stuff from OPFEC. I'm making a nice easy mod first, the Benelli shotgun. All I have to do is slightly bulk up and edit the texture of the Kozlice. BTW, does anybody have any pics of the sights of a Benelli? Because I don't want to use the Kozlice sights.

Check the front of PC magazines for disks

In the UK in the last month

Poser 3 (for making soldiers or star wars droids outputs to .obj I am using it for my wetsuit full version Very Intuitive and easy to use )

Cinema4d (Outputs to obj I am using it for my M224 Mortar model easy and Intuitive)

Truespace 3 (loads of pluggins and adapters easy to use)

Maya SE (good for learning and realy powerful)

Dare say these are available world wide on diferent mags and you aint breakin the law.

Of course I used to love using Light Wave on the Amiga but that was about ten years ago. I dont think I could afford the PC version.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wadi @ May 07 2002,19:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well?

I want to be a modeller. I don't know where to start, but a lot of people use 3dsmax and I've heard it is the easiest thing to use to make opf mods. So can somebody give me a link to where I can download it please?<span id='postcolor'>

the price is at 6000 USD or $ if prefer...

Thanks to my contacts i got under 10 $ but for no use... had it on old p200 but now i need to spend some cash on getting my self a new hd...

And some more plugins...

I still got Milkshape though.

runs fine on my AMD XP2000+, 512Mb DDR RAM, 120Gb HDD, 12xDVD/CDRW, Wildcat 3 system tounge.gif

But then im a 3D Modeller/Animator

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ May 07 2002,21:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3Dsmax might not be The Tool for lowpolygon modeling, some people say it sucks for that but I havent really used anything else and its tools are familiar to me so I use it.<span id='postcolor'>

MAX while expensive, is still a low budget alternative and they have cut corners everywhere. I am fortunate to have access to both Maya and Softimage (my University pays smile.gif )

IMO Maya is the best for modelling while nothing beats Softimage in non-linear animation, skeleton systems and IK. Maya is great for bothe polygons and nurbs and has good polygon reduction algorithms.

I found a little program called Anima8or...

I can input OBJ files into it edit it and than spit it out and run um in flashpoint smile.gif

www.Anim8or.com

Hope this helps some And i hope you actully use it

Thanks man!!!

Finally a modding progrom for free biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

It's every modders dream come true!!