Sign in to follow this  
Macadam Cow

How to link 2 maps together ?

Hi guys,

I guess it's not the proper section for such a question but I don't know in which editing category I should ask this.

I'm also quite sure this has been asked/answered before but I couldn't find any relevant thread when I've google it.

So my question is how to link 2 (or more) maps together. IRCC this was made in the 1st mission of ArmA2. You started on the LHD (utes) then flew to tchernarus (with a loading screen inbetween).

What I'd like to do is linking all the desert map together : Takistan, sharpur, avgani, Afghan Village,... For example when you'd reach the northern limit of takistan a loading screen would pop out and you' be "teleported" to, say, the southern limit of Avgani. On Avgani once you'd reach the eastern limit you would be teleported to Afghan village and so on.

Is this even possible ? If yes I guess all the object/units/triggers,... would desappear from one map to another and thus if you'd come back you wouldn't find the map as it was when you left it.

Thank you

Edited by Macadam Cow

So my question is how to link 2 (or more) maps together. IRCC this was made in the 1st mission of ArmA2. You started on the LHD (utes) then flew to tchernarus (with a loading screen inbetween).

Those were two different missions. They just made it night, had the chopper take off from the LHD, then the next mission takes place on Chernarus.

That only works within a campaign, not with a single mission.

In theory, you can use different end triggers to move to a different island and give the impression of "free will" when travelling around, but I don't know whether it will work with going back in the campaign, i.e. if mission 1 is Utes, and Mission 2 is Chernarus, I don't know whether you can go back to mission 1.

(Would be better discussed in the Mission Editing forum though)

you cannot but you can go in the mission pbo's and there is a script to create an lhd, i don't know how to use it though

The LHD is available at Armaholic ;)

Yeah my idea was to do this in single mission, not as a campaign.

Just like the "time jump" in SAR4.

Anyway I guess it's not possible, too bad :(

Thanks for your answers

The idea is to have one mission happening on several maps but you have to be able to go back to the previous map. It should simulate some sort of freedom. With a mini campaign you would only "jump" to another map at a certain scripted point, always happening at the same moment in the mission.

Hi guys,

I guess it's not the proper section for such a question but I don't know in which editing category I should ask this.

I'm also quite sure this has been asked/answered before but I couldn't find any relevant thread when I've google it.

What I'd like to do is linking all the desert map together : Takistan, sharpur, avgani, Afghan Village,... For example when you'd reach the northern limit of takistan a loading screen would pop out and you' be "teleported" to, say, the southern limit of Avgani. On Avgani once you'd reach the eastern limit you would be teleported to Afghan village and so on.

Is this even possible ? If yes I guess all the object/units/triggers,... would desappear from one map to another and thus if you'd come back you wouldn't find the map as it was when you left it.

Thank you

You mean like I suggested here? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101466

Yeah I agree it would be great.

Exactly !

Damn, I'm not alone, we will conquer the world minus, erhm, Killerwatt :D

Unfortunatly it seems like no one is really interested by this idea

Unfortunatly it seems like no one is really interested by this idea

I don't know why though, Its a great idea for use in an extended campaign.