Sign in to follow this  
eggmoe

Unplayable Framerate on a Recommended PC

Hey, I'm getting really slow framerates in ARMA 2, but all my specs are better than that of the recommended ones! I get about 10-15 frames per second, with everything turned down or off, and the 3D resolution set to the smallest.

I have no major programs running in the background, and I don't know what to do.

These are my specs:

8Gigs of RAM

Nvidia 9400 GT

Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8200 (4M Cache, 2.33 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)

I can run Crysis at 30 FPS with everything at medium except a few options I can turn up, so not being able to run ARMA 2 seems wrong.

With that 9400 GT its at an minimum requirement. Gots an 260 GTX and i get about 30 FPS in OA about the same in ArmA 2. Nividia is in the 5s now. Should update to an new card but as i said with an 260 GTX i get about 30 with good settings not too bad. As you look in the forums FPS is not at an peak in ArmA 2, OA.

With that 9400 GT its at an minimum requirement. Gots an 260 GTX and i get about 30 FPS in OA about the same in ArmA 2. Nividia is in the 5s now. Should update to an new card but as i said with an 260 GTX i get about 30 with good settings not too bad. As you look in the forums FPS is not at an peak in ArmA 2, OA.

I have an ATI Radeon 4350 HD laying around, but that's slightly worse, no?

Dont know to much about ATI but since you got that 9400 GT you should stick with the Nvidia cards, till you can get an better vid card. Its up to you about how to go with ATI or Nvidia. Im sure you will like the better prefromence by getting an new card, but dont think you will be gettin top peak of FPS by getting an 400 or 500 series Nividia card. Thats someting BIS needs to do on there part in the game.

Well this game is so extremely demanding I have no words:confused:.

When I run a demanding map I might get 50-60 fps , as soon as i put tanks and troops and the battle starts I get no more the 25-30 with some freezing going on.

Im almost tired of this game because I cant enjoy it as I would like too.

shelf it, dont play a game that makes you sad. Its a waste of time.

I get bad performance often but despite that the overall experience is very positive so i still play.

shelf it, dont play a game that makes you sad. Its a waste of time.

I get bad performance often but despite that the overall experience is very positive so i still play.

Its not a thing to give up and shelf it! Dont twist this up but the game needs to be patched not shelf/ gave up on. As for the part You play it well, so do a lot of people so dont just say give it up if ya dont like it. Cause thats not what its about don. This is about getting bugs and issue fixed as this is what the BI community helps in, they just dont shelf it. So you need to get on with that bs.

This games requires heavy CPU Usage instead of Graphics

If you can Overclock your CPU to 3.6Ghz, I'm sure you can get over 35 FPS per game

Graphics is only for graphics settings like AA, AF and all the details as for View Distance, it depends on CPU also

This games requires heavy CPU Usage instead of Graphics

If you can Overclock your CPU to 3.6Ghz, I'm sure you can get over 35 FPS per game

Graphics is only for graphics settings like AA, AF and all the details as for View Distance, it depends on CPU also

Well both on that part, but system specs say the Minimum and the Recommended on the box but he fell into the Minimum with his vid card. So as i have said befor that if you do get an better card that ArmA 2/OA FPS would not be at its peak still, cause BI needs to get some issue fixed. As i got an 260 GTX and people with an 470 or the 400s get about the same FPS as i do. In all words it takes an good vid card and cpu for newer games this day in age. OC does help out too, as it always does right. Iv OC my vid card and got about 4 FPS better so it does have to do with the vid card also.