Sign in to follow this  
mark turner

Re installation issue

Ok, I was advised in another thread to install Arma2 as well as OA, which I had installed as a stand alone first, was given a procedure, so uninstalled OA, then installed Arma2 from the DVD then patched it 1.08.

I have not yet installed OA, but now, Arma2 wont start, I get a message first referring to " Addon CACharacter2 requires addon CAWeapions_m1014"

I press ok on the message, I get the BI splash screen, then another error message saying " Warning- PreNlod format in object ca/structures\misc-powlines\powlinesconcl.p3d"

I press ok and I go back to desktop.....

Any help please?

mark

Hi Mark I think I posted in that other thread.

Anyway, when you un-installed have you made sure no old mods or mod lines and old icons exist when loading? Is it the Arma2 icon your using that got created when installation happened and was it a clear fresh Arma2 folder that was created?

"Required addon" suggest you have an addon in the mod line. Goto your my documents and find your profile and save games section, and rename it temporarily so you have no profile for it to load (profile will be the folder name as you profile name you had in OA), im thinking maybe its looking at old profile that has mods loaded via the add-ons section in-game and its still trying to load them?

Make sure you target and mod line in the icon properties has no mods link @mod ... @ mod .... etc.

If you cleared out any ref to that then it should load and create a new profile and that will 100percent make sure nothing is still linked to old mods or something.

Anything after that I dont know, it could be corruption on patch, did the patch say it completed 100percent without errors? Check the properties of your arma2.exe check what version number it is, is it 1.08? If it isn't and you ran patch it might have failed.

I installed from arma2 DVD and then added 1.08 and then OA and tested bit by bit and everything was fine.

BTW could be a number of things, and these are my brain dumps of what "could" cause it.

Edited by mrcash2009

hey guys am fairly new to this site, and to the arma series just got the combo pack with armaII and arrow head, well tok me forever to install arma2 got the error messages for almos all day till it decided to install!

well played sigle player for a bit to get a feeling for it and that was fun so i decided to install arrow head, for whatever reason it's been 3 days now i've trying to install the dam game and it wont it goes through the first steps of installation and than i get a copy error message fyle does not match!

and this is frustrating tryed directing to a different folder still same BS!

can anyone one tell me why this is happnening?

Hi Mrcash, I have not installed any mods at all yet, all I had installed was vanilla Arrowhead, from the DVD, then uninstalled it, to start again with arma 2 as per your instruction. So no idea where the mod bit came from.

I just uninstalled arma2 again ran regedit, deleted any bohemia interactive entry and tried again. Arma2 installed fine, I ran the game, seemed good, then i installed the patch. It was taking forever, so I left and let it get on, came back an hour later and PC was hung on a black screen, half way through a reboot.

It took several attempts to restart and I looked in the system event log, but could only find a kernel restart error. so lord knows what happened there.

I tried to run Arma2 to see if the patch had applied properly, but it would not start, I get a similar error message to the first one, only referring to a soldier instead of powerlines this time, and it would go no further.

So, i have uninstalled again.

I must say, this is pretty offputting, it nearly killed my PC and seems incredibly buggy and difficult just to even get the game installed. I am not sure how much more time and risk I want to take trying to do this....

anyone else had these issues?

Cheers, mark

Hi, you are getting into a lot of trouble, I must say, for a seemingly simple task. Sorry to hear that. More than anything, it sounds like you have a bad 1.08 patch downloaded.

When I installed Combined Ops (A2+OA), I installed A2 first, did no patching, and then installed OA. I then patched with the OA 1.55 patch, which will patch both OA and A2, bringing A2 to 1.08.

You could perhaps try my procedure, and check after each step if it works.

Good luck,

OP

I agree as above, seems like a dodgy patch to me.

The only thing would be the proceedure as mentioned above and see if that works for you, different to mine but it worked fine for me, if the above works for you then great.

Seems patching is a lot of fun with odd end results, for example I installed 1.55 to my ready setup CO install 1.07 Arma2 / 1.54 OA ... and it got corruptions and I could not patch at all as all patches failed, thus reinstalling from scratch using the steps I mentioned in the other thread which were fine, yet you have issues, tiz all very odd.

Hope you get it sorted mate, again the only other way is as above mentioned.

Hi guys thx for the advice. I see you are referring to a "combined ops install" - how is that achieved, by simply doing what old painless described? Or is it some version you can buy? Sorry for the newby questions!!

Bythe way, i have re installed just the OA on its own and patched it to 155 and its working great. So maybe I will just stick with that for the moment.

Can any of the mods like ACE etc be installed to just OA ?

Cheers, Mark

Hi guys thx for the advice. I see you are referring to a "combined ops install" - how is that achieved, by simply doing what old painless described? Or is it some version you can buy? Sorry for the newby questions!!

Bythe way, i have re installed just the OA on its own and patched it to 155 and its working great. So maybe I will just stick with that for the moment.

Cheers, Mark

Hi Mark, yes, Combined Ops = A2+OA.

Ie. install A2 first, then OA.

After OA came out, you can buy a Combined Ops package that has A2 and OA bundled.

Im afraid that you have gone in a loop, all I can say is what I mentioned in your other original thread.

Currently you now only have OA standalone again, and that means you dont have A2 and that means not "combined" and again you will be limited with mods and addons.

Edited by mrcash2009

Concur, severely limited. It seems that you have a good download of the 1.55 patch, so make good use of that to patch an A2+OA install (ie. combined ops).

-OP

OK guys, so at the risk of testing your patience, If I install vanilla arma2 first, then OA, ( Will they "see" each other and make a "combined ops install" or do I have follow any particular steps?) the I can use my patch 1.55, which seems to work fine, to patch the combined installation to the required level,( I dont need to use the 1.08 patch?) at which point I will be good to install any mods if I so wish. Have I got that right?

thanks for the help, its pretty damn confusing...

Cheers, mark

Will they "see" each other and make a "combined ops install" or do I have follow any particular steps?

->YES, OA sees A2, no fuss. Reboot after A2 is installed and check that it is ok for good measure. Then install OA and allow it to install into A2s folder (it will suggest to do so).

the I can use my patch 1.55, which seems to work fine, to patch the combined installation to the required level,( I dont need to use the 1.08 patch?) at which point I will be good to install any mods if I so wish. Have I got that right?

->Completely

thanks for the help, its pretty damn confusing...

Cheers, mark

No problem, let us know what happens

-OP

As above, install arma2 then for reasons you had issues install oa, and then apply 1.55 to the whole thing.

BTW I unpacked 1.55 and all it actually just contains is 1.1 BAF / 1.55OA & 1.08 Arma2 in once .exe ... so in effect 1.08 will still be applied but after 1.55 OA.

Your simply shifting 1.08 Arma2 install from between A2 & OA and just adding it to them both together just after 1.55 applies itself, hopefully for you that will sort it out.

Im sure when I did it 1.55 auto-execs with checking 1.55 then arma2 1.08 than BAF if you have it.

Weird and wacky and wonderful ways to try it :)

Edited by mrcash2009