Sign in to follow this  
Sweeper

C5 or c17, anyone?

That galaxy could landon a carrier. Now, the damage sustained to the carrier, and the plane (wing/superstructure would prolly collide) would be immense, but could happen if it had to. If i remember correctly, Carriers can land 747s in emergencys, like air force one,or a crippled passenger jet.

C-17-carrier.jpg

Gwhahahahahaha! You thought this was real!

Gwhahahahahaha!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And it even stoped on It with no hard times i even have been aboard a C-17 C-5 C-130 Etc<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yeah? Where. I'll call that bluff. Where is the toilet in a C-130? Betcha don't know.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ May 08 2002,23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont know how long the runways in OFP are but C17 globemaster can take off from a airfield 914 meters long and 27.4meters wide, which isnt that big

Also made a record where it made a take off and landing with 44000 pounds of cargo on a runway 430meters long so maybe there is room for it in OFP. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The shortest runway in ofp (the one on Everon) is around 1 km - which means you can land and take off in a C-130 (and a globemaster too it appears).

People use to whine about the C-130 being to big to take off from the airfield. The fact is that it is not uncommon to operate C-130's of beaches and dirt airstrips.

It is true that you wouldn't make a paradrop 18 kilometres (diagonal size of map) or less from the airfield. But as in one of the original missions where you take of from one island to carry out a mission on another, you could script a mission where you take off on one map and gets dropped on another.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ May 06 2002,18:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think it's too ugly from the front, and it's one big ass plane:<span id='postcolor'>

your right, but why does everyone want a C130? confused.gif

Why have an C-130? Same reason u have SU-25's and A-10's.

The effect of a huge plane flying over head is cool wink.gif. (And if they made the AC-130) Which i think would work nicely in flashpoint cosidering they use that thing for general Infrantry support. Than there is the effects you could have in just missions. With 10-20 C-130's flying over a target and droping X paratroopers.

If not any game play adding's it would be cool for opening videos and the sort.

Please, with Flashpoint's default view distance you only see planes when they're really close. And due to the quite imperfect sound system I doubt you'll hear it too. I often had airliners fly overhead on landings, and that's when their engines are on idle. Yet in Flashpoint the A-10 can fly overhead with full thrust and you'll hardly notice it.

So I doubt in combat you'll scan the sky to see if you can spot a C-130 and say "wow, that's cool !", because you aren't going to hear it come or go either.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mads bahrt @ May 09 2002,05:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ May 08 2002,23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont know how long the runways in OFP are but C17 globemaster can take off from a airfield 914 meters long and 27.4meters wide, which isnt that big

Also made a record where it made a take off and landing with 44000 pounds of cargo on a runway 430meters long so maybe there is room for it in OFP. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The shortest runway in ofp (the one on Everon) is around 1 km  - which means you can land and take off in a C-130 (and a globemaster too it appears).

People use to whine about the C-130 being to big to take off from the airfield. The fact is that it is not uncommon to operate C-130's of beaches and dirt airstrips.

It is true that you wouldn't make a paradrop 18 kilometres (diagonal size of map) or less from the airfield. But as in one of the original missions where you take of from one island to carry out a mission on another, you could script a mission where you take off on one map and gets dropped on another.<span id='postcolor'>

There are solutions to runway problems and takeoff's... Simple... but not real... OVERPOWER the aircarft. somebody had to do it with a Harrier for Fs98 in order to get the hover mode to work properly we can overpower the lift on the aircarft and add some more power but not to let it go supersonic like that Fs98 Harrier...

Solution for sound problem smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Guess there will be some sort of internal volume (don't know hell about addon-making). If that is so, just alter the vehicles volume that your boxes would explode by the immense ammount of noise coming from them if you would be standing next to the flying plane!!! So if you're standing on the ground you'd hear quite a realistic sound. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

About those HALO drops. I'm fairly good at scripting, and i got totally sick by the currently existing scripts for halo-jumps. I've worked out an almost perfect halo script, together with a (littlebit bugged) altimeter. Today i'm going to perfect it, by making halo-jumps possible from vehicles smile.gif

I know how to do it, by using the launch-detection script at the ofpec.

At the moment you fall from user-defined altitude, when you use the action open parachute, a parachute is spawned with the camcreate-command (instead of moving the player very quickly in and out of a vehicle), and the player is moved "into" the parachute. Under 50 m you die, under 55m you get wounded and above you survive. I discovered a funny bug too, if your chute opens under 40 m, you survive, so i edited my script so your chute will not open at all under 40m. smile.gif

I guess i'll try to post my scripts later today at OFPEC. For i don't know how to attach anything over here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Grokk @ May 09 2002,12:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Solution for sound problem  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

Guess there will be some sort of internal volume (don't know hell about addon-making). If that is so, just alter the vehicles volume that your boxes would explode by the immense ammount of noise coming from them if you would be standing next to the flying plane!!! So if you're standing on the ground you'd hear quite a realistic sound.  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif  smile.gif

About those HALO drops. I'm fairly good at scripting, and i got totally sick by the currently existing scripts for halo-jumps. I've worked out an almost perfect halo script, together with a (littlebit bugged) altimeter. Today i'm going to perfect it, by making halo-jumps possible from vehicles  smile.gif

I know how to do it, by using the launch-detection script at the ofpec.

At the moment you fall from user-defined altitude, when you use the action open parachute, a parachute is spawned with the camcreate-command (instead of moving the player very quickly in and out of a vehicle), and the player is moved "into" the parachute. Under 50 m you die, under 55m you get wounded and above you survive. I discovered a funny bug too, if your chute opens under 40 m, you survive, so i edited my script so your chute will not open at all under 40m. smile.gif

I guess i'll try to post my scripts later today at OFPEC. For i don't know how to attach anything over here.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm sounds good anyways i hope that we can overpower the lift on OPF models.

Then the C-5 would be capable of fitting in on the island.

C-5

c-5b-19990422-f-0024f-004.jpg

It is beautifull but Big.

We can expand the malden airport if you look there is a Flat Space behind the road that is at the end of the Runway, i dont know how long the flat space is but its big 500m or so...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ May 08 2002,19:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sweeper @ May 06 2002,18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After seeing the Hercules post it hit me... How about a C-5 Galaxy?? if thats too big for you i got the smaller C-17 Globemaster in the back hand.

Then we would have (made after size: 1 is huge 2 is medium and 3 is small)

1 C-5 Galaxy

2 C-17 Globemaster

3 C-130 Hercules

If we get the C-5 the paratrooper problem is solved for some time...  biggrin.gif

I'll continiue downloading the update for OPF so i can fly the C-130 or any of theese in the future.<span id='postcolor'>

What Next? A Space Station?

Man the C-5 Galaxy is is... Is...

HUGE!

If we had 200x300km2 maps like in IL-2 then it would be Ok

and the Maps of Enemy Engaged very big, i dont know the size of it, but i got a few C-17 Globemaster III flying around

I would accept any aircraft if the islands would be bigger<span id='postcolor'>

well then it would be MIR... crashing on the island and russians trying to defend it and americans to capture it.

TAW had to big maps... boring flying over the Red Sea to bomb some Egyptian targets only to realise you got an army of SAM's on your tail.

I agree with you but air combat is possible if we use the endless ocean.

c-5-2.jpg

Look at the small C-17 in the back

c-5-9.jpg

HMMM

c-5-dfst9010232.jpg

Not to mention it needs

12,200 feet (3,697 meters) to takeoff fully loaded;

4,900 feet (1485 meters) to land fully loaded.

we could expand but we don't have any runway objects, just taxiway. i don't think it would land too well on a tiny taxiway biggrin.gif

Hi.

I've been working all day on that halo-jump. 3 out of 4 types works. You can halo alone from mid air, you can jump in a group from mid air, you can jump from a vehicle, but when i want to jump with a group it starts bugging. Sometimes the cargo-vehicle gets deleted (imagine your huge cargo-plane disappearing in mid-air), sometimes the cargo-plane + half of the group gets deleted (o my god, they vanished confused.gif ).

It will take a while untill I solve this sad.gif

Anyway, what's the use of putting a chinook (or trying to put) into a plane??

Maybe the plane is a little too big.

Keep it small would be a good idea...

Has this been posted yet?

Subject: C130 picture and very flyable

Newsgroups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint

Thread: http://groups.google.com/groups?....ame=off

Date: 2002-05-09 08:58:56 PST

Ok here is the update.

I currently have a C130 that flys.

The body is fully textured but I still need to add more detail to the skin.

It has a full cockpit (only half textured)

It flys very well and its actually a lot of fun to fly.

problems:

I ve got a question into the developers on how to create multiple prop axis.

The problem right now is they all spin on the same axis.

After I get the entire outside detailed and then I will work onthe cockpit..

Once this is completed I will work on the cargo bay.

Then I will release, unless someone makes me mad j/k

here is a teaser..

c130a.jpg

Damn those textures are ugly...and it looks kind of small if you ask me?!

yeah a bit small, but i'll settle for small anyday, it looks great.

if we could only make the grey a little darker and add some details to the textures it would be awesome.

ir will look more round with darker colours

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Speeeedy @ May 10 2002,12:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hey i found an Hercules CAN land and take off an aircraft carrier:

see here<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm interesting...