Sign in to follow this  
Kirby86

Hmmwv

Hello Everybody!

I wanted to ask help from modders that might think that my idea was a good one.

My idea is the HMMWV wich my unit in helmand province was stationed with. Its a rebuilt version made for Recon

http://www.danskpanser.dk/Nyheder/2009/090222-1.htm

Its the HMMWV you see on the page. Pictures from my side can be added in all angles if someone are interrested in the project.

My idea was to build on from the existing HMMWV SOV that already exists ingame.

Feel free to ask questions :)

Regards Kirby86

Addon expansion is always a good idea but I don't think you can build on from or off Arma2 or OA vehicles legally. Arma1's however are up for grabs and the two have much in common. Arma's 2's got more detail diversity between the various units, smoothness of holes in the grill, the wheels and so on.

The textures remain relatively the same, it isn't unti OA that they expand from 1024x1024's to 2048x2048. Supposedly you can use Arma1 addons with Arma2 or even OA textures as long as there is a dependancy on the expansion..meaning that, if you do not have it, you cannot use that addon.

Edited by NodUnit

well from wha ti hear you can at least put in a request to use the BI model. I have seen some other use them with proper credits (RH M14 Pack) and as long as BI approves all is well.

There is also always the option of using the arma1 model, make your own componets off the BI textures.

I know someone who might be interested in this project. I helped him alil with this. But I don't know what he's working on at the moment.

XJul.jpg

sweet..i wouldnt mind working on this my self however im not the best at modeling! but good to know you can use models as long as BIS approves!

p.s. thanks for serving!

Edited by soldier2390

NZXSHADOWS - Did you make that model? Its like identical to the vehicle im asking about.. :D

I would very much want to here or see what you find out with this...