Sign in to follow this  
konyo

Microlight & Ultralight v1.3 Release

Microlight & Ultralight v1.3 Release

Made by konyo

Ive now finished the ultralight today, but there is no different colour kite designs, so the red colour will have to do. sorry! But you can still use your own custom design on the ultralight. There is a template example and the template for you to use for the Microlight. Once you filled in the template with your design you need to save it as reskin1 and in a .paa extension file and save it in your mission folder that uses the Microlight. Then once in game go into the microlight init box and place the following :

this setObjectTexture [0,"reskin1.paa"];

Then Ta-Da it should show in game ;) Enjoy!

Version 1.3 Changelog

Added : New Ultralight model.

Tweaked : Lowered Fuel Capacity to 570.

Removed : Christmas 2010 theme.

Version 1.2 Changelog

Fixed : Engine sound was too loud.

Fixed : Shadow Lod had a square where prop blur animation was.

Fixed : Removed the 'Flaps' Options when scrolling with the mouse wheel.

Fixed : Geo LOD & Shadow LOD has been re-built.

Fixed : Microlight now stops when landing.

Added : New Military version with 6 grenades.

Added : Different colour icons.

Added : Fuel Capacity of 650.

Added : HitPoints & Fire Geo LOD.

Added : Custom Start Sound.

Added : Custom parachute design, this setObjectTexture.

Removed : Microlight colours.p3d's, eg kyo_microlight_blue as they were useless.

Removed : Some textures that weren’t needed.

Temporary : Christmas 2010 theme.

---------------------------------------------------------

Microlight%20Release%202.PNG

Microlight%20Release%203.PNG

Mirrors:

Edited by konyo

Awesome :cool:

great first release , i get a strong old school feeling about this addon , Kegety and co. , back when fun was the key :)

A military version maybe ?

*edit yep its fun:D great view with your feet dangling into space , get some good altitude and switch of the engine you can glide for miles .

Its a bit loud on take-off and it crashes with a huge fireball are my only niggles to report .

Edited by orson

What this could do with is an armed version that can drop grenades like the ones in the James Bond film "The World Is Not Enough". But these look great anyway, thanks!

Thanks you for all your nice feedback :) and yeah i wasn’t sure how to add grenades to it yet, ill figure out how to add them and release it in new fix, i wanted to release this one as it was finished and there no point in me holding onto this one anymore. But i will find out how and add it soon :)

What this could do with is an armed version that can drop grenades like the ones in the James Bond film "The World Is Not Enough". But these look great anyway, thanks!

dropping grenades is what i thought

on another note i found the best way to land is to try and stall over the landing area and eject , not the most economical or quietest but sure is safest ..although remember the huge fireball , so watch that collateral damage ! :thumb:

dropping grenades is what i thought

on another note i found the best way to land is to try and stall over the landing area and eject , not the most economical or quietest but sure is safest ..although remember the huge fireball , so watch that collateral damage ! :thumb:

Yeah ill add them soon, do you think i should add them to all 3 or just to a single military version? Keeps it kind of realstic and simple :)

Ive also fixed a little of the shadow lod today, dunno if any of you noticed but i left the Square box for the rotor blur in the shadow lod, and its comes up as a square circle, and ill work on fixing that fireball and a damaged model soon :)

Can't wait to try this out.

Side note: how exactly did you Create a "square circle". :p

haha :p i dont have a clue, i was watching tv while typing so wasn't concentrating on what i was typing properly ;)

PLease make a camo chute for the military one :P Great fun flying low in the chernorussian forests! Suprisingly fast though no?

This addon is a lot of fun. And this is your first release? Very nice job!

If you're looking for features to add, here are a few things I'd love to see in a future version:

- a military version of the microlight

- the ability to restart the engine in mid-air

- the ability to stop the dang thing once you land! ;)

Regarding that last item, I landed the microlight quite nicely in an open field but it kept moving along the ground until it eventually went into some woods...and then BOOM! It was kinda funny, actually.

Regardless, great job on this mod!

PLease make a camo chute for the military one :P Great fun flying low in the chernorussian forests! Suprisingly fast though no?

Yeah will do a camo chute for the military version :) and yeah its at that speed atm because if i put it at a slower speed, it would suddnly stall and fall out the sky, ill see if i can find a way to lower it to the real speed without it stalling.

This addon is a lot of fun. And this is your first release? Very nice job!

If you're looking for features to add, here are a few things I'd love to see in a future version:

- a military version of the microlight

- the ability to restart the engine in mid-air

- the ability to stop the dang thing once you land! ;)

Regarding that last item, I landed the microlight quite nicely in an open field but it kept moving along the ground until it eventually went into some woods...and then BOOM! It was kinda funny, actually.

Regardless, great job on this mod!

Thanks for you feedback :D although the ability to restart engine in mid-air? cant you already do this? :confused:

& regarding the stopping problem, yeah need to find a fix for this, although i dont know what to use, cant use flaps lol but ill find something :)

Thanks for you feedback :D although the ability to restart engine in mid-air? cant you already do this? :confused:

Maybe...I couldn't start the engine using the mousewheel. So instead of taking off from the ground, I started out in mid-air. While the engine was running, the mousewheel showed an "Engine Off" option but once I turned it off, there was no option to start it back up again. It's quite possible that I overlooked something, though. I'll give it a try again tomorrow. If I should be using some other method to start the engine (perhaps a certain key?), then let me know.

Thanks again for the hard work on this very fun mod!

Would be awesome to have special forces insertion in these, with the james bond theme playing!

Maybe...I couldn't start the engine using the mousewheel. So instead of taking off from the ground, I started out in mid-air. While the engine was running, the mousewheel showed an "Engine Off" option but once I turned it off, there was no option to start it back up again. It's quite possible that I overlooked something, though. I'll give it a try again tomorrow. If I should be using some other method to start the engine (perhaps a certain key?), then let me know.

Thanks again for the hard work on this very fun mod!

Hmm. normally when you press engine off you just press the forward button again and it starts.

Works fine for me, ohh by the way guys, ive started making a Military version ;) The parachutes all done and just need to figure out how to add weapons :)

WIP%20-%20Military%20Parachute.bmp

What you think of it? Enough Camo? Or maybe a few different camo designs? Desert etc?

Edited by konyo

TBH I personally feel 1 would be fine. Weapons wise dont you just have to basically copy the values for a bomb.. Replace the model with a grenade and change damage values to match the grenades? SOmeone who has actually got round to arming their vehicles can probably help you.. There's plenty about..... I just though about something i didnt try with this... but... I imagine you can fly this around like a plane upsode down eh?-

lol

TBH I personally feel 1 would be fine. Weapons wise dont you just have to basically copy the values for a bomb.. Replace the model with a grenade and change damage values to match the grenades? SOmeone who has actually got round to arming their vehicles can probably help you.. There's plenty about..... I just though about something i didnt try with this... but... I imagine you can fly this around like a plane upsode down eh?-

lol

Hmm may add a desert one for OA, wont take 5 mins :) And yeah i think so, ive currently got the grenade in my config, but it wont show up in game. I think im naming the classnames wrong. So tweaking with that atm. And ermm im not sure i haven’t tried flying it upside down, but im pretty sure you will be able too :p

Hmm. normally when you press engine off you just press the forward button again and it starts.

Heh...yeah, that worked. I'm so used to playing as infantry that I forgot the keys. Thanks!

Personally, I'd rather see a more stable landing than a mil version. That said, I vote for a OA-friendly desert version along with the standard camo. In terms of coloring, though, I suggest you keep the colors simple. A dull gray would be nice. After all, let's remember what we're trying to disguise/camouflage...seeing a bunch of olive drab floating overhead isn't going to do much for a stealthy flyby. ;)

One word: SWEEEET!!! :yay:

Spent the last hour flying your ppg low (and crashing alot :D wish it was easier to control). Thanks for the fun konyo!

I can imagine insertions flying ppgs in formation with other players... that's arriving with style :cool:

Why don't you do a version with wheels? like this one:

Guess it's going to work a lot better since you're already sliding on the ground anyway . You can even add the option to remove the glider (like in the end of the move) so you can drive around.

I think the takeoff speed is a bit high, since you just have to run a bit (10-15km looks more realistic as the average human can run 20km/h but think about the ppg on your back).

Disable the dmg to the glider and make only the driver get hurt in colisions (i can fly and hit someone and kill but i get no dmg) or just remove the ppg and let the player fall on the ground.

Anyway great work, great fun. Keep up the good job!

:icon_dj:

Heh...yeah, that worked. I'm so used to playing as infantry that I forgot the keys. Thanks!

Personally, I'd rather see a more stable landing than a mil version. That said, I vote for a OA-friendly desert version along with the standard camo. In terms of coloring, though, I suggest you keep the colors simple. A dull gray would be nice. After all, let's remember what we're trying to disguise/camouflage...seeing a bunch of olive drab floating overhead isn't going to do much for a stealthy flyby. ;)

See a more stable landing than a mil version? Sorry i dont follow you there :confused:

And with the colours, so this sort of camo wouldn’t be good? - Link here>

But this sort of camo would, similar to what's on the Apache? - Link here>

One word: SWEEEET!!!

Spent the last hour flying your ppg low (and crashing alot :D wish it was easier to control). Thanks for the fun konyo!

I can imagine insertions flying ppgs in formation with other players... that's arriving with style :cool:

Why don't you do a version with wheels? like this one:

Guess it's going to work a lot better since you're already sliding on the ground anyway . You can even add the option to remove the glider (like in the end of the move) so you can drive around.

I think the takeoff speed is a bit high, since you just have to run a bit (10-15km looks more realistic as the average human can run 20km/h but think about the ppg on your back).

Disable the dmg to the glider and make only the driver get hurt in colisions (i can fly and hit someone and kill but i get no dmg) or just remove the ppg and let the player fall on the ground.

Anyway great work, great fun. Keep up the good job!

:icon_dj:

Glad you enjoy using this aircraft, when you say you wish it was easier to control, what do you mean by this? any info that will help me improve it? :P

I will maybe in the future do a paraglider with wheels, depends if i have the time but i may give one a crack soon, and as for moving it about scripting is needed for that, & i don’t have a clue on scripting i only know my basics to keep me covered lol. Yeah i also agree that the takeoff speed is too high, but it currently has to bee at that speed because if i set it slower to its real speed, it stalls in mid-air and rushes towards the ground, so i had to put it at that speed so its flyable. And making the damage go from the paraglider to the person i don’t know how to do? :S

See a more stable landing than a mil version? Sorry i dont follow you there :confused:

And with the colours, so this sort of camo wouldn’t be good? - Link here>

But this sort of camo would, similar to what's on the Apache? - Link here>

I meant that given a choice between two requests (one being a better/easier landing and the other being a military version of the paraglider) I would rather that the landing was fixed first. I'd definitely like a military version but I'd much prefer the landing process be fixed up so that it's easier to land and (even more importantly) stop the glider.

As for the colors, I'm not really sure but it seems like whatever colors/patterns are used, they shouldn't be ones that stand out when seen in mid-air. As I said, though, I'm not sure what colors/patterns would be best. A color scheme that blends well with the sky would probably be very visible when the glider is parked on the ground. I'd expect blander/muted colors would be best but who knows.

Another idea to help make the glider less visible once it's landed: a collapsible frame/chute that can be packed away or deployed as appropriate. No idea whether this is realistic or not. Also, I don't want to make even more work for you so whatever you do, I'm sure it'll be fine. Thanks again for the fun addon!

I meant that given a choice between two requests (one being a better/easier landing and the other being a military version of the paraglider) I would rather that the landing was fixed first. I'd definitely like a military version but I'd much prefer the landing process be fixed up so that it's easier to land and (even more importantly) stop the glider.

As for the colors, I'm not really sure but it seems like whatever colors/patterns are used, they shouldn't be ones that stand out when seen in mid-air. As I said, though, I'm not sure what colors/patterns would be best. A color scheme that blends well with the sky would probably be very visible when the glider is parked on the ground. I'd expect blander/muted colors would be best but who knows.

Another idea to help make the glider less visible once it's landed: a collapsible frame/chute that can be packed away or deployed as appropriate. No idea whether this is realistic or not. Also, I don't want to make even more work for you so whatever you do, I'm sure it'll be fine. Thanks again for the fun addon!

Yeah im working the landing part at the moment. Trying to make a script for it to stop, so dont worry im not releasing it until thats fixed :) The only colours i can think of that arnt camo etc are the colours of the Chinook in OA, but it still stands out but not as much as the full camo. So i might just do one that colour, but how about a black version for a stealthy night mission ;) That would be fun :)

Hmm that idea is good, would be nice to pack the parachute once its landed, because it dose look kind of odd just standing up after you have flown it, but thats some mega scripting there i should imagine, and i wouldn’t have the slightest idea on how to do that. I would imagine its all animations.. and no good with them atall :(