Sign in to follow this  
quakergamer

OPERATION FLASHPOINT P3D HACKED!!!!

0_0

Who has done what with what and where is it and when will we get it?

tounge.gif

They can edit current models in OFP and use them, no new models however because they will crash OFP when imported. This would allow models to be built around current ones, but their would be limitations.

Or at least thats what I pull out of all this mess.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from RedRogue on 4:55 am on Dec. 19, 2001

They can edit current models in OFP and use them, no new models however because they will crash OFP when imported. This would allow models to be built around current ones, but their would be limitations.

Or at least thats what I pull out of all this mess.<span id='postcolor'>

you are right. But what I am thinking is to open like the BMP model and merge in the scene my new model, delete the BMP and save my file. Do yu think it would work ?

First off, i know ABSOLUTELY nothing about 3d modelling or anything associated with it.  

All I know is that A-Lone-Wolf has managed to hack into the ofp files and extract the models using a combination of several programs (at least this is what i think has been said).  He even edited the mp5 model and got it back into the game somehow.  Now as i take it this means hes only able to make small visual changes to the model w/out causing OFP to crash, most likely due to not being able to edit animations.  Im guessing ud have to be able to edit the animations to make large changes to the model, like removing a turret off the bmp or something.  But since the stock on the mp5 is just a visual component and there is no animations associated with it he was able to change how it appeared in the game.  I could be totally wrong but this is an outsider's take on the whole situation, feel free to correct me...

Now what Id like to know is has ANYONE managed to duplicate A-Lone-Wolf's techniques and make any of their own changes to models like he did with the mp5??? QuakerGamer seems to have come up with something, but hes being a bastard about it with all his teasing lol, but has anyone else come up with something (preferrably someone who can speak english??). Also, does anyone know if A-Lone-Wolf has released his mp5 with shortened stock??

P.S. Anyone know if BIS has said anything about this??

(Edited by Mr ThunderMakeR at 7:19 am on Dec. 19, 2001)

What!?!?

i´m missing out the forum for a couple of days and there is already talk on how to import/export custom 3D models into OFP.....wOOt smile.gif

Hope there will be a Tutorial soon on how to achive this.

If this works, how come we are not seeing modified models?

I read that much, was wonderin if it'd work in anything else.

As for the imp/ex, I don't think that tanks and stuff are gonna b possible through these techniques. Have you noticed that damage caused to vehicles is caused by the points on the model being distorted? This doesn't happen to the guns so that's probably why A_Lone_Wolf is able to do this with the mp5.

I don't see the event of tanks etc. being imported into ofp without alot of hacking.

Peace!

Quakergamer,

To answer your question from what I know is semi-vague but if I remember correctly the .p3d format BIS used, if this is the correct format, not only contains the model but information as to where a weapon is fired from on the model, where the muzzle flash is, the projectile is produced from etc. So I don't think anything majorly altering to a model would work, or if it did, it would look totally wrong in game.

But I am not anywhere near an expert or amateur 3D modeler so I'm not certain about anything really.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Devil on 9:37 am on Dec. 19, 2001

If this works, how come we are not seeing modified models?

<span id='postcolor'>

Cuz a-lone-wlf used a hex editor t oconvert the /p3d to .obj or asc i think> If he realise that we will know how to do it 2

Hmmm

when i read all the posts i think that nobody else than a-lone-wolf really knows how to import/export ofp models the right way in max.

Maybe a-lone-wolf reads this thread and can light up this thread for us with an answer from himself. smile.gif

Fox

Hope we´ll soon see something similar in OFP; it´s a T-90 out of an professional military simulator- look at the relatively low polycount smile.gif:

t90pictxtreduced.gif

lecpictxtrd.gif

Leclerc

Nice website btw over here:

<a href="http://www.cg2.com

Some" target="_blank">http://www.cg2.com

Some</a> free models too:

<a href="http://www.facets3dmodels.com/

If" target="_blank">http://www.facets3dmodels.com/

If</a> you want to know what a real military simulator looks like, at least from the terrain, check this demo out- you can steer an simplistic UH-60 Blackhawk in there, lots of detail and terrain features can be changed, be sure to check out the stereo vision feature :

<a href="http://www.cg2.com/downloads/downloadtemp.htm

(Edited" target="_blank">http://www.cg2.com/downloads/downloadtemp.htm

(Edited</a> by Satchel at 7:17 pm on Dec. 19, 2001)

wow , i love the leclerc , these models are fantastics

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from ran on 6:57 pm on Dec. 19, 2001

wow , i love the leclerc , these models are fantastics<span id='postcolor'>

challenger 2 is the best

(dons some black overalls, throws a smoke bomb down and triple somersaults out a nearby window)

Although im no modeller, i guess the trick to keep the polycount low is to model only the very distinctive features of a particular vehicle in high Detail such as Turret, optics, armament, driving gear and use high resolution textures with shadow drop (nuts&Bolts or Equipment for example)  for larger and non relevance surfaces:

leopard2a5_german-bg.jpg

Leopard 2A5

merkava-III-bg.jpg

Merkava III

t55am-bg.jpg

T-55AM

t72bm-tank-bg.jpg

T-72BM

t80uk-tank-bg.jpg

T-80UK

sa2-guideline-lnch-bg.jpg

SA-2 Guideline SAM Unit

pac3-lnch-bg.jpg

PAC-3 "Patriot" SAM Launcher

patriot-radar-mpq53-bg.jpg

PAC-3 "Patriot" AN/MPQ-53 Radar

m270-mlrs-bg.jpg

M270 MRLS Mobile Artillery Rocket Launcher

sa6-lnch-bg.jpg

SA-6 Gainful SAM

SA6-STAIGHT_FLUSH-bg.jpg

SA-6 "Straight Flush" Radar Vehicle

2s6-airdefgun-sa19-lnch-bg.jpg

2S6 Tunguska Russian Integrated Air Defense Artillery and SA19 Launcher Vehicle

m109a6-paladin-bg.jpg

M109A6 "Paladin" USA

155 mm U.S Mobile Artillery

2s19-spgun-bg.jpg

2S19 Msta-S

Russia

152mm Self-propelled Russian Artillery Vehicle

m2a3-bradley-bg.jpg

M2A3 Bradley

Awesome, and most important highly realistic models.

(Edited by Satchel at 8:48 pm on Dec. 19, 2001)

Comrades!

In the p3dexport - plugins discussed earlier in the forum (especially the one from outrage.com) a tool named "p3d to oof" - converter is included. I searched the web and found a "oof to 3ds" fileconverter which is THE ORIGINAL fileformat from 3ds max. Theorethically now it should be possible to convert the p3d - file in two steps to the 3ds fileformat (p3d --> oof --> 3ds) and import them at least into 3ds.

I've tried the 3ds-to-OOF conversion-tool for several times but it didn't work! Can anybody else try this to be sure ?

Links:

--> http://www.planetdescent.com/d-section (oof-to-3ds tool)

--> http://www.outrage.com/4_downloads.html#3dsmax3 (p3d export plugin for 3ds max 3 and p3d-to-oof fileconverter)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Theironheart on 11:43 pm on Dec. 19, 2001

Sorry - Mistake! I've tried the p3d-to-oof conversion utility, which didn't work... <span id='postcolor'>

OFP dotn sue the same foramt as the one by outrage.

Theironheart i tried the p3d to oof converter and it didn't work with the ofp p3d files. I think the ofp p3d format is not the parallax p3d format so the converter can't read the files.

So again we have to wait until a-lone-wolf releases the information how he could import/convert p3d files for use in max. :/

Fox

Here is how I think that we can Import/Export P3D

An OFP P3d files is a "zipped" .obj file. I have an .obj importer for 3ds max and Gmax (same as a-lone-wolf).

We need to use HEx Editor to make the.p3d file to an .obj file. After put it in max, edit it, save it and convert it again to .p3d ...