Sign in to follow this  
WingmanSR

Creating empty vehicle that is owned by OPFOR

I know you can place down empty vehicles by choosing the "empty" side, but for my current project, I would like them to be OpFor controlled, with no crew inside. I would like the crew to exit vehicle on mission start and then the crew is deleted. I don't think "dogetout", "unassignvehicle" and "deletegroup" would work, because I can't access the units inside the vehicle in the editor to define them with names.

If anyone could provide me with some guidance, I would be very appreciative :)

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew this);

In the init line of the unit might do the trick..

What is the point? Why can it not be empty. It won't work to remove the crew since then the vehicle is not considered hostile. The vehicle itself will still show up red if it is an opfor-kind-of-vehicle. What are you trying to achieve?

Enemy won't target it automatically if it had time to "cool down". The only way seems to be occupying it (even temporarily, from time to time), or given them a deliberate DESTROY waypoint attached to that vehicle. Many times did I want a more simpler solution, like setThreat or something, both from setting threat level and for unsetting it.

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach (crew this);

In the init line of the unit might do the trick..

What is the point? Why can it not be empty. It won't work to remove the crew since then the vehicle is not considered hostile. The vehicle itself will still show up red if it is an opfor-kind-of-vehicle. What are you trying to achieve?

I want to have opfor vehicles that need to be sabotaged during a night ops, and while just settinging empty>shillka would be fine, my anal-retentiveness is slightly annoyed that blowing up "empty" armor shows a negative kill count.

Edit(1): I did originally have takistani army shillkas in the mission, but they still showed up as yellow/neutral on the map after they were "detected".

Thank you all for your input, this should set me down the right path for my current project.

Regards.

Create empty vehicle. Create a crew member. Place him inside. Disable move and targeting AI from him?

unit doTarget object; unit doFire object;

doesnt work on objects, only works on units and vehicles that have crew members..

i know because i tried to make an ai fire at a pop up target, didnt work, tried ace inivisible targets, that didnt work either. then i tried a large tractor and the ai still wouldnt fire,

and yes i had him dowatch and dotarget