Sign in to follow this  
monsterZERO

Check this VBS video out (Very Cool)

DwcykqKEAoM

So cool to see VBS being used in such a manner.

My main reason for posting this, however is this platoon's use of a Logitech Momo wheel to control the HMMWV.

This does not work for me in Arma 2. It recognizes the wheel, but steering is IMPOSSIBLY hard. I'm assuming it works better in this particular video, so does anyone know how they did it? Is it a VBS vs Arma thing, or is there something I'm missing?

I would SO LOVE to control the wheeled vehicles in Arma 2, so if anyone knows a workaround, please let me know...

Thanks! Edited by monsterZERO

yeah, the wheel is a bother sometimes... it behaves funny because there seems to be some kind of interpolation going on there between the position of your wheel, and the vehicle's actual steering... meaning it takes the vehicle a while to turn the wheel to where yours already is...

This is kind of alright if you're driving with the keyboard.... but a joystick should (needs to) have a 1 to 1 mapping to the car's steering

Anyways, this video is awesome!! that's why ArmA is a game that lives on a level all of it's own compared to everything else :)

Cheers

I have Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback steering wheel and it plays fine. You can set deadzone and stuff like that in options. Then it starts steering as soon as you are turning the wheel.

By the way, whats so awesome about that video. Its just honking at some AI.

Yeah, the delay with the wheels of the vehicle turning is too slow. It should be almost instant with the input device and damped a little bit.

By the way, whats so awesome about that video. Its just honking at some AI.

It's awesome because that's a real military squad there... playing essentiallly the same game (or simulator) as we do :yay: (albeit theirs does have some cool extra features... but they paid 1000 times more than we did :p )

Cheers