Sign in to follow this  
DeclaredEvol

Super Computer taking stuttering...

Ok, I am fond of ArmA 2's performance issues. And I realize it is not best optimized for Quad Cores, but before I added my GTX 480 it was running fine. And now, it runs smooth as sand... but it about 20 or 30 seconds into the game. It starts to do these weird pausing and stuttering, however I can imagine I am still getting nearly 100 fps. I wonder if it has anything to do with my computer being too powerful for my monitor. A major observation is that all of my games do this very same thing, it is odd.

- I reinstalled Windows 7 RC Build 7100 RTM, and I plan on getting the Genuine version one day. If it is possible, a Genuine Windows might be the solution.

- I have the up to date; Graphics drivers, CPU, Mouse, Keyboard, Chipset, Motherboard, and Sound card drivers.

- I can play some games that consume the potentials of my graphics card better than older games.

- I've tried setting affinities and priorities, and either way... it makes my computer more choppy. However, strange enough; whenever I make ArmA 2's priority Very High, it crashes my game.

- My graphics card does not support the ability to disable integrated physics, however it is on automatic.

- I am running different Over Clocking and System Monitoring software to make sure the game runs completely fine.

- All of my hardware is new, including the CPU.

- Many other games do not run without this odd stuttering, and I wonder if it is windows 7 RC.

- I installed the latest version ArmA 2, and other games.

- I have seen absolutely no rendering, or refresh problems... only cpu processing large groups of AI.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

::Computer System Specs::

ASUS Motherboard [supports AM2+ AM3 and allows SLI]

AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition @3.4ghz [Factory Clocked]

ASUS Nvidia GTX 480 [Factory Clocked]

8 GB Corsair Memory [Factory Clocked]

[4] 23cm Fans

Rocketfish 5.1 Sound Card

Windows 7 RC Build 7100 RTM 64bit

Corsair 850 Watt Powersupply

1280x1024 Dell XPS Monitor

ThermalTake Body

Edited by DeclaredEvol

Just disable vsync, put memory to "default", and leave post processing/anti aliasing off.

with 8gb ram you can try to disable windows page file,i have a noticiable improvement from it,anyway the best way is ramdisk but you cant play with it in servers with signatures.if you wanna know more about ramdisk in arma2 forum general there is a nice thread made by quertz

Just disable vsync, put memory to "default", and leave post processing/anti aliasing off.

I've also noticed a lot of problems with mods now, I just recently installed ArmA 2 again. And I put ace and harcp on there, and neither work but all of the logos and signs and stuff are popping up. Everything is installed correctly, including CBA. But since this is original ArmA 2, there is no CBA_A2 anymore because of the new patch that CBA came out with. And btw, my graphics card is entirely capable of post processing\aa\memory\and vsync all together. This is an extreme end video card, it has the full scale of displaying monitors higher than 2560x1600. It is a beast card, and I've done things like Ambient Occlusion to make games look better. No performance hits period, but whenever I reinstalled my beta windows 7. Everything went nuts, I can only imagine that it is my O.S. But if this other guy is getting it too, I've lost faith in figuring out the problem.

Windows 7 RC Build 7100 RTM 64bit

Seems I remember eleventykazillion updates during the year of using the RC, each improved gaming a lil at a time.

I wonder if the updates are available any longer, since it expired last June iirc.

last april... and yes the full version is much better. He cant even get it validated...so every 30days? There have been some major platform updates(three) that you do want.

The game is Optimized now for Quad, need to use the latest OA BetaPatches, or if only A2 then 1.07 and then the last A2 beta.( but for the love of god get OA if not) And no your comp is not to powerfull for you monitor....