Sign in to follow this  
HateDread

Searchlights and Suitable Perimeter Devices

Hey all,

I'm trying to build a perimeter for a quarantine.

Apart from using the 3d editor, how can I place wire fences all around Zargabad? And how can I 'cut' them silently if its an objective to escape?

Can I dim searchlights so they only light up the area leading to the fences, not the entire damn city? (They shine through everything at the moment and ruin the night atmosphere).

Are there any other suitable lighting devices? Think the scene of 28 days later where the zombies rush the compound with the British Military defending.

Also, that reminds me; anti-infantry minefields? Possible? If so, how?

Cheers!

-HateDread

Edited by HateDread

try adapting some scripts based on the uns_traps (part of the unsung mod) for trip flares and tripnades etc

Thank you for that, Kyfo; it'll be very useful!

But do you know of any more directional style ones? I've got a perimeter set up, and I need light leading up to it (like, to see the zombies :p ). Kinda like the searchlights, but less powerful, static, etc.

And Eggbeast... how would I go about getting those scripts/functions?

Thank you for that, Kyfo; it'll be very useful!

But do you know of any more directional style ones? I've got a perimeter set up, and I need light leading up to it (like, to see the zombies :p ). Kinda like the searchlights, but less powerful, static, etc.

And Eggbeast... how would I go about getting those scripts/functions?

Not just these points above, which are important, but:

- Does anyone know of any minefields where it's not a guaranteed kill? I.e. for effect to partially stop a horde (yet still allow a big-enough group through).

- How would one cut through the wire barricades, etc? I need to be able to 'escape' from the enclosure, possibly with some tool. Would I setdamage using the nearest object 'fenceclassnamehere' style command?

Thank you for the earlier answers, and for those to come!