Sign in to follow this  
logitrust

ArmA2 OA. you cannot play/edit this mission;

Hi! Now i have converted my server to ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead. All have been done with a fresh install. Its the staff on Gameservers.com who have done that, since i am renting a dedicated server from them. My goal is to host ace2 and acre mods on the server for our new clan, but first i want to test with no mod's to see that the servers works. I have done that, and unfortunately it was not for the expectations. Error when trying to connect:

you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. cabuildings2_misc_cargo , caweapons_ammoboxes

My arma2oaserver.RPT seams fine, i think? hehe

==========================================================

== c:\games\217_195_179_109\853524\arma2\arma2oaserver.exe

== c:\games\217_195_179_109\853524\arma2\arma2oaserver.exe -port=2302 -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\arma2.cfg -profiles=default -exThreads=1

==========================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/08/31 06:07:53

Current time: 2010/10/11 09:22:31

Version 1.54.72889

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V10 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V20 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V30 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V40 not found

01: Deathmatch: string @str_mpdeathmatch_subname cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

01: Deathmatch: string @str_mpdeathmatch_subname cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable

No player found for channel 162032640 - message ignored

On the clientside i run ArmA2 and OA separated. With other words, I have not installed them into the same folder, and I run the BAF -mod to OA. Could it have anything to do with that? OR, can it be that it have somthing to do with the fresh install on the server? If, i have to explain to the staff what we have to do different to get it to work :lecture:

Thanks for feedbacks in advance

Edited by Logitrust

Is the server installed as combined (Arma2+ArrowHead) ?

What mission are you running on the server ?

For me it sounds as you are running a combined mission and try to join it with a stand alone OA client.

okay, then there is certainly something in what you say there, when I go into the server via ftp it looks there is a arma2oa.exe, arma2oaserver.exe and arma2server.exe.

But is that not entirely hopeless? Does that mean the people who not have combined, like myself, can not play with those who have it, and vice versa? Poorly thought of bis I must say...

One more thing, i see that my server runs 1.54, that means that its compatible with BAF, am i right?

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Just standard mission's at the moment. I went to armaholic and downloaded a mission cald co40_adayinthelife.Takistan_v1.pbo , chekd out the mission.sqm, and other files, seams not to be any addons to that mission. But im still getting the same error.

What can pay off then. Reinstalling arma2 and arrohead to the same root folder, then update ace2 via six, or updating ace2 like situation is now(preserve ace2) and then uninstall, install the games together in same root? Think that I must have the proper ace files for the server side, in this case i do not see any other solution than update ace2 via the client, then add the new files over via ftp to the server after i have added the mods to the commando line to the server. Is it any update scripts out there? As I recall from having played arma2 since it came out, it was updates average every other day, every week.

Edited by Logitrust

If your running the server with OA, then your Rpt is telling you that you need stuff from BAF, hence the errors:

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V10 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V20 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V30 not found

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V40 not found

the mission your trying to play does it need BAF?

you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

cabuildings2_misc_cargo , caweapons_ammoboxes

your missing BAF, and heres your problem:

and I run the BAF -mod to OA. Could it have anything to do with that?

yes

I dont know about the OA or BAF files setup, got to assume its similer to A2, but seems to me possibly

and i cant say for sure that BAf isn't going to work on a server that is only setup for OA.

Server requires the same files the mission does most times.

I went to armaholic and downloaded a mission cald co40_adayinthelife.Takistan_v1.pbo , chekd out

the mission.sqm, and other files, seams not to be any addons to that mission. But im still getting the same error.

this is the mission your trying to play:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12027&highlight=A+DAY+IN+THE+LIFE

I suggest you start a server on your computer in mp, and test this mission out before you mess around with the server,

I got to assume even tho it says BAF optional, I think BAF is needed, as the error says your missing BAF stuff.

again the server is OA, having BAf on there I'm not sure is going to work as the server requires

baf to run this mission as theres files missing that the server needs that is baf.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

He's bought Arma 2 and OA he just has them installed as seperate games for some unfathomable reason. The .rpt file is showing errors related to BAF content which shouldn't be happening, even missions created using BAF should be playable by someone with OA 1.54 as that contains BAF lite. I'm coming to the conclusion that BAF lite doesn't work as it was originally intended serverside.

Anyway in relation to the

:

you cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. cabuildings2_misc_cargo , caweapons_ammoboxes

Your mission requires Arma2 content that you don't have loaded because you haven't combined your installations. Uninstall A2 and OA, reinstall A2 and then stick OA in the same folder on top of it. Patch all to latest version and install BAF then your problem will go away.