Sign in to follow this  
Boreas80

use music as sound sources

Hi all, i am trying to use an addon music sound playable with:

_x say3d "musicaddon"

as a sound source, becaouse i want to make a mission where you can listen music in 3d enviromet from a speaker source.

What can i do? i tryed:

say3d

say

but always the same , the music cant be acceded because it is not in cfgsounds, and say only can see sounds in cfgsound

I also try in the description to refer de music ogg as soundcfg with this:

class CfgSounds
{
sounds[] = {};
 class wolf1
 {
  name = "musicassound";   // how the sound is referred to in the editor (e.g. trigger effects)
  sound[] = {"\addonprefix\addonmussic.ogg", 1, 1};   // filename, volume, pitch
  titles[] = {};
 };
};

But dont works, becase:

Cannot load sound 'c:\users\user\documents\arma 2 other profiles\ `user\missions\mision_name.takistan\prefix\addonmussic.ogg'

i wish to know if i can refer and addon music song as addon sound source from the my mission

Edited by Boreas80

You may have to convert it to mono first, and include it with the mission (not recommended for MP missions). I haven' been able to do referrals from addons.

You may have to convert it to mono first, and include it with the mission (not recommended for MP missions). I haven' been able to do referrals from addons.

why is it not recommended for MP missions? does it cause lag or just because it might be annoying for some?

how do I make a song play for the user who joins the game? so it plays once on joinup but others wont hear it because they are already in the game for a longer time period. I don't want the others to hear it, just the one who is joining.

why is it not recommended for MP missions?

I think he was referring to file size, can't see any other reason it would be a problem.

Yeah, file size of the mission. For anything MP, try to keep mission under a few MBs. Make JIP script that only executes for local player, and let it start some kind of playersetup script, where is where you want to start any kind of intro scripts, where the music is played.

JIP.sqf:

Do some JIP related stuff if needed.

[] execVM playersetup.sqf

playersetup.sqf:

Do some player setup stuff if needed.

[] execVM intro.sqf

intro.sqf:

Do some intro stuff if needed.

playmusic "tune" (for tracks) or someheliobject say3D "tune" (look it up on biki).