Sign in to follow this  
PenguinChestBump

ArmA 2 Freezing problem

I have an annoying problem- I've reached the mission "Razor Two"..I've eliminated a camp, and start walking back to my car. then the game freeze and the only option I have is to end the program with task manager.

the game freeze at exactly specific time (I've made several saves - it freezes at the same time)

could really use your help, I really enjoy the game and it would suck if I had to delete it.

Thx.

The only solution to bypass this issue is to use the "flush" command.

Next time you get this annoying situation just type :

left SHIFT+Numpad MINUS and FLUSH

This may kick you back to the game.

I experience this mostly in the nighttime ingame,and specially on landing strips,in the near of broken vehicles and often near big citys.But only when its at night ingame like i said before.

was a bunch of problems left unsolved.

you sent me to a site.the site sent me to the developer site where I saw there's a hell lot of freezing problem with no real answer (they just move them to "Upcoming Version" section)

if you (and the developers) have no answers you can just say so and save me the time I search for a solution - a time I could spend playing something else that *works*

if you have a real solution to my problem plz respond here and save me the bureaucratic nonsense.

and to the other reply - I tried holding the L.SHIFT+NUM MINUS and writing FLUSH and it didn't work...

What i posted in my previous post is one post of many that discusses in general your issue which is only one suggestion of many,

it should be your due diligence that if you want your issue resolved that you would heed the rules and search before you post,

I tell this to everyone as it should be said when there are numerous posts discussing relatively the same thing.

If you need help with your issue then it may or may not be the game, so for

future references anytime you have an issue with the game it is important that

you post your computer system specs so that we can get an idea of what your running.

Have you tried other missions?

Does the freezing happen only on that one mission or any other ones?

Dos it happen in MP?

Does it happen in the editor?

get the idea?

if its only that mission, then its mission related probably something

with a script thats in the mission, i cant say.

Post your specs and answer the questions lets see what

we can do to get this straightened out.

I have an annoying problem- I've reached the mission "Razor Two"..I've eliminated a camp, and start walking back to my car. then the game freeze and the only option I have is to end the program with task manager.

the game freeze at exactly specific time (I've made several saves - it freezes at the same time)

could really use your help, I really enjoy the game and it would suck if I had to delete it.

Thx.

I have the same problem in the same mission. Did an issue #13496 but as it seems, nobody can help me either. Can't get the dumps they asked me, because My game like your freezes and not CRASHES.

unfortunately I've been having the same problem and Its never ever happened before. As yet I havn't been able to solve it and originally I thought i was due to a hardware issue since installing arma2 + OA onto an SSD.

What I can say from following other SSD theads and purchasing extra hardware, such as Sata controllers, running all driver updates and the like, its not coming across as a hardware issue. What I do know is that the game is consuming 50% of cpu on freeze... and consistantly.

Unfortunately for me, I installed onto SSD and upgraded to 1.56 in one sweet go, not the best thing to do in retrospect, but I didnt think I'd ever ave this problem. The dump log doesn't indicate anything is going wrong right up until the freeze. If I do find anything, will post here.

@ Günter Severloh

"it should be your due diligence that if you want your issue resolved that you would heed the rules and search before you post, I tell this to everyone"

ha! onya mate.

edit - its not you, its me; after mucho testing... i believe its my DAC zones

Edited by Ebolavirus