Sign in to follow this  
polar bear

Order AI to change weapons

I had thought this would be somewhere but I couldn't find it, maybe I missed it.

If it doesn't exist then I suggest it!

Order AI to switch weapons. For example, order the grenadier to use the grenade launcher.

If you want to see why try getting the AI to destroy a target like a vehicle or a helicopter or something. They will exhaust all rounds of their regular ammunition before switching to grenades or launchers or whatever, which would be much more effective.

Also useful for an AI in an overwatch position, forcing them to use the GL for better suppressive effect and so on.

Also interested in this. Nothing worse than AI whipping their sidearm out when they've a fully laden scar!

I agree, this def needs sorting..

I equipped my squad of 11 AI (WarfareBE) all with the following weapons..

1x KSVK

1x Metis & 1x Metis missile

1x Pistol

They then proceeded to run about trying to shoot everything with pistols, no matter if the target was 100m or 1000m away.

They even chose the pistol over Metis when tryin to attack armour!

So 2 Problems exist..

Pistol should be made AI backup weapon only to be used when no normal ammo left.

AT weapon should be selected when targeting any type of Vehicle.

Yup, and if the unit doesn't have any (more) AT weapon to use when targetting a vehicle, they should prefer the grenade launcher over bullets.

And when the anti-tank/anti-aircraft AI have used their rockets/missiles we need an indicator in their respective icons to indicate this.

They cannot function as at/aa if they dont have the ordnance for the job!