Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Bond. james bond.

A very confident James Bond walks into a bar and takes a seat next to a beautiful woman and looks at his watch for a moment. The woman notices this and asks, "Is your date running late?" "No," he replies, "Q's just given me this state-of-the-art watch and I was just testing it." The intrigued woman says, 'A state-of-the-art watch? What's so special about it?" Bond explains, " It uses alpha waves to talk to me telepathically." The lady says, "What's it telling you now?" "Well, it says you're not wearing any panties...." The woman giggles and replies, "Well it must be broken because I am wearing panties!" Bond looks down, taps his watch and says, "Damn thing's an hour fast."

Thats a good one tounge.gif

The old Q is dead. But they have a new one in the person of John Cleese.

Isn't his name "R"?

I think he is a horrible replacement. No one will be able to live up to "Q" although Bond still breaks about every single gadget.

Great one!!

My opinion of the new "Q" branch situation is, Q was always the serious one - "Ejecter seats? Your joking!" "....I Never joke about my work, double-o-seven!". And then John Cleese seems like more of the "Absent minded professor" type. I think it'll at least work ok like this, I'll always miss Desmond Llewelyn though sad.gif

John Cleese is cool. He makes a good replacement. Too bad "Q" is dead, because he played in all the bond movies. The real "Q" wasn't planning to do any more bond movies, that is why they introduced Johnnieboy is the last one. (or second last) He was the follow up of "q" named "R". So even if the real "q" wasn't dead, he wasn't planning to do anymore bondmovies.

Weird.......its almost like his resigning from the bond gig and his death were directly related somehow. Like one was fated to happen if the other one happened.

I think that it is a conspiracy.

Q wanted to stop with bondmovies

Cleese gets a job

But maybe Cleese was afraid that he would return

Maybe the studio didn't want anybody else using Q for a movie

Maybe his twinbrother wanted to be Q

I guess we never figure it out. But it is a coincidance that he get's run over by a car when he left the studios confused.gif

I had to be a part of any bond thread. Bond forever! Now that i have that out of the way (& out of my system), i would like post some meaningless bond info to fuel this heated debate on Q? confused.gif

Q's workshop

The watches (i remeber that magnetic watch clearly, bond used the watch to unzip a girls dress if ya didn't know smile.gif )

*Faithful bond fan signing off....*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (second_draw @ May 03 2002,12:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*Faithful bond fan signing off....*<span id='postcolor'>

Ignore this, that was really sad. I will kick myself now sad.gif