Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

You people are weird...

Why do people take pride in being a good spammer? Spam, being unnecissary posting, is not wanted by most (including the mods, incase you didnt know) because it takes away from the topic at hand.

I dont know what people are talking about when they say things like "I'm such a good spammer" cause it doesnt even take skill. All you have to do is post a bunch of meaningless shit. So why is it held in such high regard to be a good spammer......if there is such a thing?

suprise, suprise...not a lot of people are replying.. smile.gif

well i think there are two kinds of spam

theres the foolish spam, the one liners, in a post that has no value or relevance to the thread at hand, a deliberate attempt at destroying a post, or taking the rest of the subsequent messages away from the topic, as well as threads started that again have no relevance to any specific topics of interest but merely to get a flame, or some sort of reaction.

then

theres the readable spam, this spam is a topic that really has no relevance to anything in particular*, but may have a little hilarity or can bring a big response to the thread with relevant (to the topic ) conversation and usually doesnt contain any of the foolish spam because the thread creator has psycologically lured the new thread participants into a spammed topic ( wobble  i admire u for this biggrin.gif )

It is the foolish spam i think that we would like to get rid off, the spam that destroys whatever the topic at hand was, the spam that results in those who have a strange fetish with postcounts.

damn that took ages to write  

sad.gif

LoL

spam, and Spam lite..

coming in fall: spam with chives.

Aculaud, I totally agree with you.

If people are really so desperate to get their post count up, at least try to do it with intelligent or funny replies/topics.

I'm not exactly innocent of spamming, but at least i dont just hang out here 24\7 waiting for the opportunity to do so. At the least, i wait for someone else to do it first on the occasion that i actually feel like spamming.

Hilandor,

I only half agree with you, based on the personal belief that there is one kind of spam only - the stupid kind. I'll admit to thinking that a lot of the stuff Wobble posts he probably could have lived without posting (Gross understatement), but i have never seen him post totally unnecissary stuff before. On one hand, he probably could have done without posting some of these things, but on the other hand, i dont see too many other people channeling that much creativity into the things they post.

I just dont see what the big F*beep*ING deal about being a "Masta Spamma", so to speek. Spamming is something i would think most people dont like, but i see people claiming that title like it makes them a bad-ass or something confused.gif

spam... tounge.gif

ok...i agree with highlandor on 2 diff types of spams. to me as long as the thread is in Offtopic AND makes you have something to think/talk about, it's acceptable.

Kelly Hu, uberhotty of The Scorpion King, admits that she likes spam. The gelatinous pink kind. Weird.

As for Wobble, he's always amusing, but some of his spam posts ARE pointless. Like hte one about his grandmothers gas. We needed to know that why?

Or the one about his problems with Discount Tire Company...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ May 03 2002,00:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">theres the foolish spam, the one liners, in a post that has no value or relevance to the thread at hand<span id='postcolor'>

Precisely.

Line 2.

Why are everybody so afraid of spam?!?

Spam is a modern day pestilence that we have to learn to live with. We have spam in our forums, spam in our mail...just deal with it...

Flooding in chatwindows are a much more serious issue...

tounge.gif

Wouldn't say we're afraid of it...but when you are following a thread that interests you it pisses me off having to wade through about 2/3 of the posts in the thread being stupid, irrelevant comments that someone felt that had to post so the little number under their name gets bigger.

Who said 'afraid'? I'm not afraid of spam, it pisses me off.

Look, as far as spam goes, youre either part of the problem or part of the solution or just.....part of the landscape. Telling people they have to learn to live with it is not being part of the solution. This isnt exactly a major threat to existance as we know it, it just confuses me how so many people advocate it, and even take pride in it like it makes them a better person or something.

Oh yeah, BTW................

Once Upon a Time....... I like SPAM. It's called off-topic in this thread, so don't expect much OFP dicussions. If you want those, go to General or the other threads. In this thread almost nothing is related to OFP, so everything can be considered as SPAM. I don't like the ones where people are offended which take part of this FORUM, but if it's about Britney Spears inflatable breasts, it is called FUN. Woohoo, long live the REBELLION.

well the difference between tasteful spam and dumbass spam can be hard to define..

if you come into a thread about.. anything serious (OFP, politics, religion..etc) and just post.

"the other day I took a dump and there were 2 turds shaped like fish, and when I flushed the toilet it looked like they were chasing eachother"

thats kinda wierd and definatley spam

but if you START a topic that is.. semi-spammy but still entertaining or amusing.. well its still spam but its enjoyable spam... constructive spam if you will..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ May 03 2002,09:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the other day I took a dump and there were 2 turds shaped like fish, and when I flushed the toilet it looked like they were chasing eachother"<span id='postcolor'>

Lol, wahahaah, it's funny spam. I know another one:

I once had one shaped like a horseshoe. When flushing it worked like a dam and it stopped all the water. Next the toilet was.. erh oh well.

I personally dont give a damn about the things people post, unless its a morbidly obese woman, or some kind of monkey/woman hybrid in a thread thats supposed to focus on fine lookin women with big guns (Not really my all consuming concern, just an example).

What i'm mostly confused about is the ego trip people get from proclaiming themselves to be a good spammer. As i said, spam is something people generally dont like, so if youre "good" at it, does that make you a bad-ass or something? whats the deal?

Oh, thats what you mean. Well, i think that i don't post spam but i consider my posts as important reading material. I don't think i am a good or the best spammer. People who think they are, well.... so they think. I know people copy and paste my topics and replies to their computer and make a book out of it. Yes, the things i post are interessting indeed.

Indeed i am powerfull, as the Emperor has forseen

riiiiiiiiiiiight.........................Ok, how does one gauge his spamming abilities in terms of skill? I was under the impression it was nothing more than posting a bunch of useless shit. If its an actual topic that incites people to respond, i dont consider it spam, unless the people responding are all talking about what utter spam that thread is, and talking about how the mods will be shutting it down soon. If it turns into an actual discussion, i dont call it spam.

still dont get it. Whats so big about being the Mastuh Spamma?

I really dunno. They closed the "happy website" topic. Too bad. I hope R Geschwarzene makes the custom "Peter Pan" face soon. I really want to shoot this guy smile.gif