Sign in to follow this  
xeno426

Vilas Weapons Pack update

where can we find the galil arm in the west weapons box there is only 4 to 5 rifles only and there is only the Galil AR

It's not in the box. You have to use init code on the object in question, or try it out in the Armory, to use it.

When creating a new unit in the editor (or double-clicking an existing unit), you should see a very large box labeled "Initialization"

Enter into the box

this addweapon "[weapon]"; this addmagazine "[magazine]";

Replace [weapon] and [magazine] with the desired weapon and magazine class names. They can be found in Vilas' readmes or on the wiki.

xeno426 i tried to add the weapon galil arm in th init box when i load it it tells me missing galil arm config what shall i do now thanx for ur help

Please post the exact lines you added to the Init box and the exact error you received.

this addweapon "[galil_arm]"; this addmagazine "[galil_arm_35rnd_556x45_galil]"; is this wright thanx

Remove the brackets. Also, to get more than one clip for the weapon you'll need to add copies of the addmagazine line.

xeno i tried it its giving me no entry bin\config.bin/cfg.galil arm i removed the brackets and this is how iam writing it

this addweapon "galil_arm"; this addmagazine "galil_arm35rnd_556x45_galil"; thanx for trying 2 help me xeno i really need to try it in the game

this addweapon "[galil_arm]"; this addmagazine "[galil_arm_35rnd_556x45_galil]"; is this wright thanx

as I remember it's

this addweapon ["galil_arm"]; this addmagazine ["galil_arm_35rnd_556x45_galil"];

after this removeAllweapons; or removeweapon "M16"; something like that but someone who really knows will tell I guess :rolleyes:

The magazine name is "Vil_35Rnd_556x45_G" and "Vil_50Rnd_556x45_G"

The gun is "vil_Galil_arm"

as I remember it's

this addweapon ["galil_arm"]; this addmagazine ["galil_arm_35rnd_556x45_galil"];

after this removeAllweapons; or removeweapon "M16"; something like that but someone who really knows will tell I guess :rolleyes:

You probably should place the [removeAllWeapons] at the very beginning.

I think I said "after" :bounce3:

You need to clear the inventory before adding more stuff to it. You can't add a weapon if you already have one.

removeAllWeapons this; this addMagazine "classnamehere"; this addWeapon "classnamehere"

really? :rolleyes:

check again at post 5 of page 4

You just wrote it very poorly, so nobody has a clue what you are talking about unless they read the post over a few times.

You should have wrote something like this instead:

this removeAllweapons; or this removeweapon "M16A2";

then write

this addweapon "galil_arm"; this addmagazine "galil_arm_35rnd_556x45_galil";

first of all I don't read all the threads in arma2/oa..

but seeing someone having problems with a init. line for a week without any help except from xeno says something about this community.

sure not everyone read this thread but the ones that did like you whom did nothing but only reacting because I typed it fast as it came up in me.

first the help with the [ and the " and then thought of the remove thingies.

the guy is helped and you the perfect a$$ around here anoying me with your moronic attitude...get a friggin' life :D

sure you can delete this moderator... ;)

Hello guys I have a small problem that is bothering me for a while, what are the command names for the m4a1 CCO and the m4a1 Holo that the US soldiers are carrying?

I have been looking on the internet for a while and can't find the correct ones, so I am hoping you can help me.

Thnx!

I was 'herpin in my post. The class names for the regular Galil is "vil_Galil" and the ammo it uses is "Vil_35Rnd_556x45_G" and "Vil_50Rnd_556x45_G"

The readme files that come with Vilas' weapon packs (readme_west_pack.txt in this case) contains all weapon and magazine class names used.

first of all I don't read all the threads in arma2/oa..

but seeing someone having problems with a init. line for a week without any help except from xeno says something about this community.

Well, this entire mod is now obsolete. All the changes in this mod have now been incorporated into the latest versions of both Vilas' weapons packs, so you'll find better support in his thread.

Hello guys I have a small problem that is bothering me for a while, what are the command names for the m4a1 CCO and the m4a1 Holo that the US soldiers are carrying?

I have been looking on the internet for a while and can't find the correct ones, so I am hoping you can help me.

If you're talking about the weapons in the vanilla game, you can find all those on the ArmA Wiki. The M4's in the WWP are all original M4 (not M4A1); they have no full auto setting, having instead a burst fire mode like the M16A2.

To directly answer your question, all the M4A1 class names are M4A1, M4A1_AIM (this is the CCO), M4A1_AIM_CAMO, M4A1_RCO_GL, M4A1_AIM_SD_CAMO, M4A1_HWS_GL (this is the Holo), M4A1_HWS_GL_CAMO, M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_CAMO, and M4SPR.

OA adds M4A3_CCO_EP1 and M4A3_RCO_GL_EP1.

Edited by Xeno426

Unfortenatelly they dont work, I need the command for the one vilas west pack adds.

M4A1_HWS_GL works for the GL rifle in editor, but m4a1_aim doesn't work for a US rifleman

If this is a question about what weapons units in a Vilas mod uses, you're best asking in his thread. As I stated before, this mod is no longer supported.