Sign in to follow this  
Mora2

Monitor refresh rate doesn´t vary

Hi...in Flashpoint i can change refresh rate,but in other games...doesn´t matter which resolution I select... horizontal rate is always 60 hZ although vertical rate changes.

Can anyone help me please?

I mean...i wan´t to play 1024*960 at more than 60 hz.....

I can change it in flashpoint because there is the option to choose between different refresh rates in each resolution....that´s good work by BIS  smile.gif

Refresh Rate does change in windows but doesn´t in games....

AMD Xp 1900

GEforce 2 GTS Pro 64mb

LG Flatron 795FT PLUS

I assume the other games you are talking about are OpenGL games, right? The Detonators have been messed up for a while now to the point where the vertical refresh rate is fixed at 60Hz in OpenGL mode. NVIDIA has also changed the method of setting the refresh rate, which hasn't exactly helped the situation.

There are various utilities which can fix this, I would check out RivaTuner or NVMax. I suggest you download the V28.90 Detonators from Guru3D and then use RivaTuner to set the refresh rate.

Thanks i´ll try both....Guru3d is very big...don´t know were to start wink.gifwink.gif

Hi...it´s me again...

Just a few doubts i hope you smart and intelligent ppl who have achieved oxygen can answer me.

I´ve achieved resolution problems solution with Nvrefix.

I don´t want to force too much the overclocking things in there..With my graphics card(GEforce2GTS Pro)....

1.-What settings do you reccomend me? (Overclocking)

2.-DO I HAVE TO ENABLE AGP sideband adressing?

3.-And AGp 2X transfer?

4.-What prerender limit i have to select? My default is three.

5.-Degree of anisotropy?

6.-What changes texel origin adjustment?

7.-What antialiasing method i can choose?

8.-Do i force antialaising in all Direct3d applications?

9.-( i forgot Bitling) Which one of those i select?

10.-What buffer fliping mode i can select?

11.-Do i enable S3TC quality trick?

12.-Do i disable support for enhanced CPU instructions set?

13.-What amount of System memory for PCi textures i choose?

14.-What option of hardware acceleted lines support i choose? Force on? force off? auto?

15.-Have i left something?Monithor colors or something that helps that???

Thanks very much....i am sure your oxygen models are very good because they are very tweaked biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

everybody sleeping?confused.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Don't have oxygen, but your problem doesn't seem to be related to this, so I hope the following might help you.

Well, I got a GF2 Ti (64MB DDR) and an Athlon XP 1700+, mobo w/ VIA 266A chipset, 1GB DDR ram, Win XP prof. and I play usually in 1280x960 at 32 bit with DirectX hardware T&L enabled. Works fine, even in Multiplayer, WITHOUT overclocking (default: 250/401MHz)!

I use the latest detonator version supplied by microsoft (23.12 - the one that you get from the update site, not the one shipped with the OS). To tweak the graphics settings I use the GeForce TweakUtility (doesn't work with more recent detonator versions). I don't see the point in using newer drivers that might destabilize my system and in addition only provide new features for the new cards (GF3/GF4), but not for something as "outdated" as mine.

The driver settings I changed are the following: FSAA is turned off (not really nescessary at this resolution), but Anisotrophic Filtering is 16-tap and MipMap Detail is -1.0. Also 256Burst is enabled, the card runs at AGP 4x with sideband adressing enabled. Fastwrites are not enabled (caused me some instability, still activated in the bios though).

In OFP everything's enabled and quality/framerate maxed out. Can't see a difference in enabling/disabling w-buffer though. Also in the advanced preferences Auto Drop-Down is disabled, Objects LOD is set at 0.01 and Shadows LOD at 0.05.

Works fine, looks good, no overclocking needed.

Most important set the AGP transfer rate as high as possible (2x or 4x), use sideband addressing, try fastwrites. About the antialiasing... think about what you prefer: FSAA and lower resolution or no FSAA and higher resultion. I prefer the latter one. Anisotrophy makes textures look very nice, so set it as high as it is possible without loosing much performance. Do NOT disable support for enhanced CPU instruction sets - that only costs you performance. If you have enough memory reserve up to 128MB for textures (the more the better, but I doubt that this much is really nescessary). I would leave the other settings at their default state - they don't really influence the performance and might only lead to instabilities.

Good luck!

Edit: Just read that reserving memory for textures is futile if you have an AGP card. So just leave the setting at its default value.

I tried to 'miss' this post before, but will try to answer some questions; most are not easily dealt with though - and I dont know that very much smile.gif

1.-What settings do you reccomend me? (Overclocking)

I remember a old TNT2 card of mine with overclocking in the default menu - no recomendations here..

2.-DO I HAVE TO ENABLE AGP sideband adressing?

Are you sure its called 'sideband' - dont recognise it..

3.-And AGp 2X transfer?

To be set in BIOS to the highest value motherboard/graphicscard can handle - there is only very small gains of this in current games though..

4.-What prerender limit i have to select? My default is three.

Prerender... might recognise this.. hmmm; ya - got that on a old GFX card I think - could lag infput (like joystick) if set to high I recon..

5.-Degree of anisotropy?

I dont recall any setting like this at all..

6.-What changes texel origin adjustment?

This is quite important - but not to be ajusted if no graphics errors occur - like when I played Falcon 4 some yrs ago; the instrument text was misaligned (blurry) due to this..

7.-What antialiasing method i can choose?

I use to go with 'manually off' - to gain performance at cost of smooth object edges..

8.-Do i force antialaising in all Direct3d applications?

Can you do that - is it not just 'force off'?

9.-( i forgot Bitling) Which one of those i select?

Bitling?

10.-What buffer fliping mode i can select?

11.-Do i enable S3TC quality trick?

10, 11 - No idea..

12.-Do i disable support for enhanced CPU instructions set?

This is a BIOS setting right? - check your motherboard manual..

13.-What amount of System memory for PCi textures i choose?

Have you got a AGP card this means nothing..

14.-What option of hardware acceleted lines support i choose? Force on? force off? auto?

Dont know what you mean 'hardware acceleted lines'..

15.-Have i left something?Monithor colors or something that helps that???

Monitor colors is usually set with 'color temp' setting on the monitor, otherwise there are some color setting for the card hanging around somewhere in the 'display properties' menu..

These settings are often not VERY important (and I dont at all have the same alternatives as you); just take some time to try them out if you wonder. You can also read through this guide at 3D Guru:

http://www.guru3d.com/guide/detonator-explanation/