Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

Aimpoint or eotech reticle glow effect?

Ok good to know. Wondered what "ca" was. I was wondering when saving the actual image as .tga--does the alpha layer have to be ticked on? I'm trying to remember if I had it on or left it thinking it would automatically know there was a alpha there. Doh! I better look into that.

For the tga format, the number of bits tells you whether there's an alpha channel. For 24 and 32 bit targa images, there is 8bits per channel per pixel. So 24 bits is 3 channels, RBG. 32 bits is RGBA.

In ArmA's engine, there is a suffix to the filename that tells the engine what kind of information the file contains. For instance, _co is colour, _ca is colour+alpha, _smdi is a specular map diffuse inverse, _nohq is normal map, high quality, etc.

Hey thanks for info, Max. Actually wrote it down as well. I've always just played the games, so this is the first time ever where I'm actually learning and trying to apply it to actual things. Pretty scary but also fun in a challenging way. Hoping over the weekend to have some time to tinker with that glow again and see if I can get it working finally at my end. I'll let you all know if I make any progress. :)