Sign in to follow this  
TheHarvesteR

Regular sporadic moments of low FPS

Hello,

I'm facing a weird situation here, and I'm probably gonna need a new video card... but if this rings a bell to anyone and it does prove fixable, well, it can't hurt to ask...

So, I'm having sporadic moments of very low FPS while playing... it doesn't seem to be related to anything content-wise (like heavy missions or something) since I get this lag even on an empty Utes in the editor...

This is probably related to the fact that my video card has already been in the oven... since it didn't really have this problem before that whole episode...

I'm resigned to the idea of getting a new video card... but money is an issue right now, and any new GPU is still some way away... So I'm asking here just to see if anyone's ever had this issue and who knows, maybe there is a miracle fix for it :bounce3:

So, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Edited by TheHarvesteR

Hi yeah I get this I am playing an MP mission and suddenly my FPS drops realy low then comes back again.

I thin its server side and it effects the clients?.

EDIT

Just to add there not regular for me though but they are sudden I could be aiming via scope and bang real stutter for like 15 seconds then it goes back to normal.

Edited by stk2008

I'm not sure if it's server-related... I was playing offline yesterday (in empty editor Utes), and had this problem...

Just for reference, I'm on a Core i7 920, 6GB DDR3, Geforce 8800GTX 768MB, Win7 x64

ArmA is version 1.7 (steam latest) and ACE mod is v1.3 (latest stable)

Just to note that this happens regardless of ACE being enabled or not.

I'm going to update my drivers tonight (was on nVidia v190.xx) and do the Physx tweak... let's see how that goes.

Cheers

Ummmm ok well could be streaming textures? I don't know but I have deffo had this it just runs slow as hell for 15 or so seconds then its ok again.

Well, I updated my drivers, and was surprised to notice how long it had been since I last updated the drivers on my rig...

I honestly wasn't expecting to see such an improvement! Solid steady performance all around, over an online Domi2 ACE session for about 45 minutes... and apparently the annoying sporadic lag has gone away!!

Granted there were a few moments of lower FPS, but those were in the regular situations one would expect to have that, like under rain with 14x scopes pulled all the way...

This is great! that means I don't have to spend money I don't have on a new GPU right now!!!

Cheers

Yours might be caused by some other reason... If it only happens during online play, it might be server-related, or it might have something to do (however obscure) with network issues...

See if switching servers makes any difference whatsoever (be it for better or worse), and see if running without mods also has an impact...

I really can't think of anything else to suggest...

Anyways, best of luck!

Cheers

For future references post your computer specs first, as well as do a search for your particular issues.

Like any game you should read the computer requirements before buying.

My suggestion is get the demo first and see how it runs, and then go from there.

Lastly Arma games are CPU and GPU intensive,

if your low end in either dept then you will have issues with performance.

I have a PC more than capable to play ARMA2 I think its me crappy hard drive.