Windowed=0;

MinBandwidth=800000;

MaxBandwidth=25000000;

MaxMsgSend=256;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=256;

MinErrorToSend=0.003;

MaxCustomFileSize=100000;

Right now the mission is running at like 10FPS with 20+ players and when I monitor resources are are using 30% of the CPU and have 2GB of Ram left. The way I look at it is that the arma 2 server shouldn't be running bad because there are plenty of resources available.

If anybody could help me get my server use as much resources available to have a smooth experience, I'd appreciate it!

Hi guys,

I'm in a similar boat - don't want to be negative but I think that arma2oaserver.exe only uses 1 core atm so its impossible to make full use of a dual or quad CPU in a server - I might be (and dearly hope) I've got this wrong though. I asked about this in the Beta testing forum but no answer yet...

Anyway, I hope somebody more knowledgable than me gives you some useful tips as I will be eagerly watching...

Cheers

Mandrake

arma2oaserver.exe only uses 1 core atm so its impossible to make full use of a dual or quad CPU in a server

My server has 8 cores. (i7 CPU)

If i start the arma server just like that it uses only one core (the last one), like you said.

But when i give it only 4 cores (task manager - affinity), its using all 4.

My experience on Windows Server 2008...

try these;

MinBandwidth=15000000;

MaxBandwidth=35000000;

MaxMsgSend=512;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=768;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=128;

if you have more >= 4 cores, arma server utilizes more cores with multi-threading. It does not mean they run 100 % of each core. The important thing you need to monitor is the number of simultaneous working threads of the server.exe rather than the cores. The default setting for 4 or more cores is -cpucount=4 (assigns 4 cores to exe) and -exThreads=7 .

Number of units in the mission, scripts and loops running is the number 1 performance effecting factor.

10 fps is OK for the server, but means the mission is running heavy.

Edited by Cross

well it went below 10 fps then people starting warping and respawn bugs were occuring (these things don't usually happen)

Thanks for the config and I'll try the -exThreads thing as well. I'll report back later!

Tried your config, it's the only thing I've changed since yesterday and our server has went to 3FPS and gotten locked there a few times. Not sure if it's just a coincedence or not and now my RPT has thousands of similar lines to:

Server: Network message c016d1 is pending

Ok...maybe it was a bit too heavy for your server.

then go back to

MaxMsgSend=256;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;

you can keep the nonguaranteed @ 128 which should help with warping.

PS your warfare release 2.07 crashed our server as well so I believe it is being too heavy on the server and needs optimization etc...

Edited by Cross

Ok...maybe it was a bit too heavy for your server.

then go back to

MaxMsgSend=256;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;

you can keep the nonguaranteed @ 128 which should help with warping.

PS your warfare release 2.07 crashed our server as well so I believe it is being too heavy on the server and needs optimization etc...

I changed a few things so far that could have caused it. I can send you the updated takistan one if you want.

They will be included 2.08.

Is there any easy way to calculate the right bandwith settings for your internet connection speeds and server? Lets say i have an 60down/6up (Mbits) connection with an fast 8core system and i would like to setup a 64slot server. How do i know if my cfg setting is at the right lvl could someone give some examples or references i can check-out to learn how to get this right, thx