Sign in to follow this  
nordin dk

What do you think of this picture?

hmm to me it looks liek the fish is trying to eat a baby crocodile.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ May 01 2002,16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh dear i jsut noticed something. See the barrel that the red man is holding? Just above it, is it my imagination or is a very large willy urinating into a funnel on the barrel, and the man is being forced to drink it??

The horror!<span id='postcolor'>

Worked for Howard Hughes and Mahatma Ghandi!

Bottoms up!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ May 01 2002,15:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ May 01 2002,16:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh dear i jsut noticed something. See the barrel that the red man is holding? Just above it, is it my imagination or is a very large willy urinating into a funnel on the barrel, and the man is being forced to drink it??

The horror!<span id='postcolor'>

Worked for Howard Hughes and Mahatma Ghandi!

Bottoms up!<span id='postcolor'>

Yop, I rememer the thread 'Got pee?' started by a moderator in the good old Operationflashpoint.com forum - became quite a classic...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ May 01 2002,14wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ May 01 2002,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To anyone: compare Bosch to another famous artist of the time, Peter Brughel the Elder, and his probably most famous painting:

The Tower of Babel. (too large to hotlink)<span id='postcolor'>

To be honest, I don't think those paintings are impressive at all... I'm not trying to act like an idiot and i don't know a lot about art but when i went to Antwerp (Belgium, Europe) a couple weeks ago with my school i saw some paintings that were a lot more impressive. I can't remember who painted them...

One of them was about jezus being nailed on the cross, the other one i can't remember. The paintings allways had a special patern (no idea how you write this word <!--emo&biggrin.gif ).

I don't like art but those paintings were really nice!<span id='postcolor'>

Paintings are always best experienced live, as is all forms of art.

Still, to say that they are not impressive is a all to quick judgement. The details and variety of horrible spectacles in Bosch's painting is mindbogling. That kind of creativity overshadows most artists of any period.

You have just been impressed by paitings in, may I guess, the Koninklijk Museum in Antwerp, and yet you still claim to "not like art". If I'm not mistaken, you do now. wink.gif

To take the other approach, will keep you at arms lenght of most great experiences life has to offer.

Does it offend you? Does it bore you? Does it scare you?

You don't have to find that particular piece gratifying in order to like art per se. You might say, I don't like that particular painting, that particular artist or that particular period even, but art in general is impposible to dislike.

And speaking about it will teach you about the world in general. Because it is a way to find out if others share your ideas of how the world works.