Sign in to follow this  
BF2_Trooper

Is something wrong with the Server list ever since 1.54/BAF?

Ever since 1.54, i've been noticing that more than half of the servers that show up either have the yellow dot or the red dot as their status. Even servers I usually go to don't show up with the green status. I am still able to join these servers with no problem but the list is confusing especially when you're setting the list order by pings.

if you have STEAM version then that differ data wise from retail version resulting into yellow question mark ...

but joining should be easily possible ...

if you have STEAM version then that differ data wise from retail version resulting into yellow question mark ...

but joining should be easily possible ...

Yeah, i got the steam version. Is this going to be fixed? i've never noticed this many yellows in the list before 1.54, and the usual servers i go always used to show up as green. But yeah, joining yellow servers is not a problem. If just makes the list look confusing.

I have non steam version of Arma 2 OA. And I have Arma 2 CO v.1.54 linux server. This server is also has yellow status. How to fix it?

I also have the retail version and am getting a yellow question mark?

Spayker and ganjaish, have you guys also notice this only after 1.54?

Yes. I made patch v.1.54 of linux server (Arma2 (1.07) + OA (1.52)). After I patched my home pc, I noticed, that my server became into yellow status.

PS: Now gamespy don't see my server. But, if I try to connect by dedicate, I see my server (it has green status in server list) and may to connect to it...

yes only noticed this since 1.54 and i play on a clan server was not there before

I also have the steam version and rent a dedicated server through Defcon. For several days, Defcon couldn't get the dedicated server to properly patch. Now it *is* properly patched, but it shows up as a red dot in the server browser. I can connect to said server and don't get kicked off. Any ideas?

Hmm, I don't know if this is related but starting the day before 1.54 came out, a friend who I play COOP missions couldnt find my non-dedicated server on the list. He had to type the host name to find it and saw it was marked as red. Now he is able to join me, but ever since that day my gaming sessions have been showing up as red. We both have the STEAM version btw.

I have the retail version and when i patched to 1.54 it worked fine. However, since i got BAF, most of the servers do not let me join anymore. Way to go not including the keys for the bought version of BAF for dedicated servers?

Sorry to bring this thread back to life but since 1.55 oa patch both our servers show yellow dot with ? In it, nobody has posted a fix.

One of our servers is a fresh install with only our 1PARA domination baf on it, also showed yellow before the standard missions was removed wnd ours put on it.

My game is not steam it is from disc and i believe steam users also see it as yellow.

Any idea of a fix?

Will post fix if we sus it

this is on target ...

we aim on improving / resolving this for next major patch but i will not promise it

better deliver than promise ;)

YELLOW DOT FIXED!!!!

here is what the problem is,seems the product.bin in expansions/dta is trying to run arma2 and oa, i uploaded the product.bin from my installation of oa and now it shows green dot.

hope this helps in fixing for next patch and helps other guys out there with same problem,

yellow dot is back with patch 1.57, why why why???every patch makes it worse wtf is going on??

I would just like to know if there is fix for this issue yet:j:

Edited by [OCB]FEAR

Nope not as yet, has been suggested maybe is cos some hosts use steam and their files are fubar lol, our server wae ranked 18 and is now in 90's cos servers with green dot are favoured

yeah its silly that when sorting serverlist for players all green server with some or 0 players gets shown before yellow servers with 40, 50 players.

This should be a priority fix BI, let us see the color and find out for ourselves if we have the mods required for said server, maybe you can add an (color check box) in filter instead if this is needed for any strange reason.

Wondering if this is still being worked on...?

I have the same issue with my dedicated server on Linux (1.57.77737).

The server is using an identical copy of my original installation folder and no mods. Still, it shows up with a yellow dot in the browser...

Edited by daikan