Sign in to follow this  
massi

DLC to Update Arma 2 content to OA and fix OA ones!

Sorry if it has been alredy discussed but, from my point of view the Best DLC BI can make is just a DLC that :

- Update Arma2 units to OA standards (i.e. termal textures and backpacks)

- Update Arma2 vehicles to OA (i.e. termal texture, termal cameras...)

But most important feature:

- Update units from OA to OFFICIAL RELEASE standards : a LOT of models DOES NOT HAVE wound textures (delta force, ger, czeck, taki army...I've alredy reported the issue there http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13108 but would be great to see it solved in next DLC ;)), and also give them new ability like "hide bodies " as in previous units and new engeneers ability .

I think it could be GREAT and Extremely appreciate by the community , and as a side note, as BI has MLODS for all these models I think it really needs a few time to do something like tht, really.

thanks

massi

Edited by massi

Ofcourse all these features would be great, but personaly i don't like DLC which fixes issues started by a previous DLC. Patches work much better for that, imo.

Personaly what i would rather see is a subscriction like say for instance the new PSN+. Default u get a working suite, but if u are willing to pay for it u can get extra content which u can use while ur subscribtion is active. I know it's abit offtopic but from my pov (and probably BIS) that would be a better business model then releasing loose addons time from time. Just an idea ofcourse, doubt it ever gonna happen ;)

that is a really bad idea, i would hate to see that done. it would seperate the communtie even more.

- Update Arma2 units to OA standards (i.e. termal textures and backpacks)

- Update Arma2 vehicles to OA (i.e. termal texture, termal cameras...)

those are things the community is taking care of, and should definetly not be a DLC,..as updates for regular stuff, as well as engine patches should never be payed for.

Theme content like with the BAF are the only real thing DLC should ever be about.

Even if the community does it, it isn't official. I'd like to see this in a patch.

This is something that should've been done in the first release of OA.

Also BIS must fix the AA2 content broken by OA (no damage textures on certain AA2 vehicles that, however, work perfectly in vanilla AA2, no voiced-over artillery support module, no civ talks etc).

It's feels almost as if AA2 is some kind of an outdated content pack for OA instead of OA being an addon to it.

And of course paying for fixes/updates is nonsense.

Just make it part of the next big patch and it will be perfect.