Sign in to follow this  
IceFire

Are the uniforms

I have a question about OPF!

To all you military knowing people. Are the uniforms in OPF realistic?

Both American and Russian?

The Russian uniform is perfectly realistic.

The US has different camo for every kind of terrain. And if they don't have it, then they'll make it.

But yeah, the West camo looks alright.

yeah, although it doesnt go into all the different type cammies the US has, the woodland scheme in the game is a very good representation.

U.S. uniforms are well represented except for one thing. The soldiers are not wearing a unit patch on thier left shoulder.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">not so bad when you consider that no actual units are mentioned in the game<span id='postcolor'>

Look at the UH-60. It has a 3rd I.D. patch on it. This is not quite accurate since 3rd I.D. is a mech division not air assualt.

So, do we assume the U.S. soldiers are from the 3rd I.D. based out of Ft. Stewart and Ft. Benning, Ga? Not likely. Since it is the European theatre and they are stationed there full time they are more likely to be 1st I.D. and SETF(A)(Southern European Task Force (Airborne)). Spec Ops would be the 10th SFG(A) based out of Ft. Carson, Co. and Bad Toelz, Germany.

and i heard some ppl pointing out that those belt strap is 'Y' shaped, not 'H' shaped..or something like that ..USSoldier11B? help me... wink.gif

The H harness LBE straps were only issued for a very short time. The Y harness is much more common although the H harness is more comfortable. Many soldiers modify the Y harness to make it more comfortable although it is no longer an issue because of the new LBV.

in the game the west units are nato right? then why are they not wearing nato blue helmets and armbands as units under nato command do?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (follow through @ April 30 2002,09:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">in the game the west units are nato right?   then why are they not wearing nato blue helmets and armbands as units under nato command do?<span id='postcolor'>

Since they are NATO and not UN wink.gif

As far as the uniforms go, Who gives a flying fuck.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ April 30 2002,10:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Attitude problem?<span id='postcolor'>

no i think schools out

I care about the camo because if they work in real life, then they'll work in multiplayer.

.. under the presumption that the ofp nature is very similar to real nature.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WhoCares @ April 30 2002,09:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (follow through @ April 30 2002,09wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">in the game the west units are nato right?   then why are they not wearing nato blue helmets and armbands as units under nato command do?<span id='postcolor'>

Since they are NATO and not UN wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

just a minor detail, LOL

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 29 2002,23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">.. under the presumption that the ofp nature is very similar to real nature.<span id='postcolor'>

Look outside and see smile.gif

Body armor/ kevlar is in absence.....And what's up with that "bed roll" on the U.S./ NATO'S soldiers' backs....

I think they're sleeping bags.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (marcus_crassus @ May 01 2002,22:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Body armor/ kevlar is in absence.....And what's up with that "bed roll" on the U.S./ NATO'S soldiers' backs....<span id='postcolor'>

It's 1985, I remember someone saying that the k-pot helmets weren't being used back then and the soldiers should actually still be wearing the steal helmets.

COLINMAN

I'm trying to remember: I recall images of Marines in Grenada in '83 wearing the steel pot helm, and the kevlar vest, and I recall a magazine article in U.S. News and World Report that same year in which was one of their annual what's-new-in-the-military pieces, and on the cover was a pic of a soldier with the M16 A1, and the Kevlar helm. So DayGlow is correct regarding the steel pot. biggrin.gif

The 82nd Airborne had already adopted the kevalr helmet and wore it in Grenada..other units may not have received it yet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ May 02 2002,08:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

It's 1985, I remember someone saying that the k-pot helmets weren't being used back then and the soldiers should actually still be wearing the steal helmets.<span id='postcolor'>

The helmets are out of scale anyways. Somehow the op:fp ones look way too round to me. Shouldn't a real k-pot helmet be a tad wider?

m-2-50cal-dvic552.jpg

Well, let's hope that BIS will release an eye-candy pack for the original flashpoint in a year or two like Valve did when they released Blue Shift. They upped the poly count of most models in-game and also used some high quality skins for these models.

I know that BIS wants to do something about the skin detail for some models when releaseing Resistance but I doubt they have the time and motivation to re-do all models featured in standard flashpoint.