Sign in to follow this  
DaveP

A time of lighter night

Hey guys, I was just testing a night escape and evasion mission I was working on and at night time it was relatively visible, decided I wanted to see if I could change the weather slightly, changed the date and weather and now it's absolutely pitch black besides the stars and occassional lights

Are there any specific times of year/weather patterns that lead to lighter nights than others? Or did the fact that I edited it change this for good?

The armaverse has a working system of day/night cycles, seasons and moonphases, tides etc. Just rty arounbd with date and time and you will get different kinds of "night".

Yes, I realise that, in fact it's the entire cause of my predicament, heh

I've spent the last 20 minutes messing around with different combinations and I can't find one that makes it reasonably light enough to see what's going on in your general area and was inquiring as to whether anyone had looked into this enough to see a general pattern of what works

But of course! I figured it out!

I was thinking about why it was dark, and then I considered what it was that actually made it light and dark, and then realised that it was the lunar cycle that was doing it; Full moon = lots of light, no moon = none