Sign in to follow this  
matmulan

Set ai to destroy helicopter or car rotor or wheel

Hello, First of all this is my first topic. i searched a lot and didint find anything like this.:):):)

My question is:

1-Is there a command, or script to make a RPG ( AT ) or AA unit destroy a blackhawk or helicopter tail rotor.. or any other part of the helicopter, for example the middle o it..

2- can i make ai destroy or shoot at a vehicle wheel or tire and destroy it, or in the case of a truck, make it destroy certain tire or wheel.

THX.. :D

AI will fire RPGs at a helicopter if you do this:

Take one empty UAZ named uaz and stick it in a chopper named heli.

uaz attachto [heli,[0,0,0]];deletecollection uaz

Then stick this script in the rpg units init line or a trigger and away you go.

unit selectWeapon "rpgweaponnamehere"; unit dotarget uaz;unit dofire uaz

It may not be enough to destroy a chopper but it does bring it down.

You could always check to see when the Uaz is destroyed and then take out the chopper with setdamage.

Edited by cobra4v320

AI won't fire RPGs at choppers (cept in ACE). You can destroy a specific location with setHit.

Ok mate, thats usefull but.. i still have a probem, how do i know each vehicles part for example in the SetHit u sent me there was this example

player setHit ["hands", 0.9];

in the case of the helicopter, or jets, what are the names for each part, like tair rotor,etc.. and in case of the player, the knee, head etc.. thanks anywhay for both who replied xD

You have to go to the link that Kylania posted and then click on translations, here is a small example:

Means large rotor

_heli setHit ["velka vrtule", 1]

Means small rotor

_Heli setHit ["mala vrtule", 1]

Means engine

_Heli setHit ["motor", 1]

Right Tire

_car setHit ["pravy kolo",1]

Left Tire

_car setHit ["levy kolo",1]

The translations are in Czech. Hope this helps!

Edited by cobra4v320

You have to go to the link that Kylania posted and then click on translations, here is a small example:

Means large rotor

_heli setHit ["velka vrtule", 1]

Means small rotor

_Heli setHit ["mala vrtule", 1]

Means engine

_Heli setHit ["motor", 1]

Right Tire

_car setHit ["pravy kolo",1]

Left Tire

_car setHit ["levy kolo",1]

The translations are in Czech. Hope this helps!

yeah-- but i still cant make it, this is what i want to do, i place this AT or AA unit, and the blackhawk with a waypoint going somewhere, i want to order the AA or AT to shoot the helicopter at the tail rotor or any specific part, and then execute the "Black Hawk Down Script" found here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=46858&page=2; the problem is that, if i shoot at the heli rotor, it goes down like i want, but when ai, shoots, it just dont go down correctly, example if i have 2 balckhawks, i want to shoot at "heli1" and not at "heli2" but when i try, in the enemy at init something like

"heli1" setHit ["motor", 1], when i start the mission, the aa dont even fire, the heli just goes down.. without being shot...!! please help me lol ill would be veryyyy thankfull XD

Edited by matmulan
forgot adding something

Did you read the third posting about shooting the rpg?

@carlGustaffa I didnt know they changed it!

Did you read the third posting about shooting the rpg?

@carlGustaffa I didnt know they changed it!

i did it, it works, with the hideobject thing, but my point is how to see the rocket going from the guy to the blackhawk,got it, and hit it in the part i want to, or do i have to change de [0,0,0] numbers to adjust the place the uaz ?

Yes [x,y,z] = [right + left -, front + back -, up + down -]

Edited by cobra4v320

Yes [x,y,z] = [left/right,front/back,up/down]

ok thanks, but what happens with the aa ? i get it to work with the at, but the aa, i want it to hit a part of a heli, example rotor, aa, dont shoot cars ( uaz) so how do i make the AA to shoot at the rotor,

anywhay thanks a lot, becuz u are giving ur time to help ppl like me, thanks a lot

The funny thing is I cannot get what I posted working but you do have it working, maybe its because Im using AO beta? Try it with AA first and if that doesnt work then try an empty air vehichle.

The funny thing is I cannot get what I posted working but you do have it working, maybe its because Im using AO beta? Try it with AA first and if that doesnt work then try an empty air vehichle.

but does aa engage uaz ??

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Dammit, the uaz thing didint work, lol i thought it did but it was the trigger,,lool, the aa thing i just ; dofire heli,dotarget heli, but it just shoots it anywhere, and i cant get the at to work, i need help pelasese!

---------- Post added at 02:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

OK I GOT A FIX; for the at,u cant use the hideobject or deletecollection thing,

Yeah I noticed he doesnt target the uaz after you remove it. This used to work perfectly and now it doesnt, must have been fixed or something in a patch. But if you want a quick fix download ACE 2 it shoots AT at helicopters :p

hey there, is tehre any way of speeding up things not the time speed up x4000 or x2000 i mean, that if there is something to make the AI aim and shoot fast without having to wait 3 minutos to shoot ?

Does anyone know how to get the camera shake like in the BAF opening mission in multiplayer?