Sign in to follow this  
Bellum

Unusual issue

I have had ArmA 2 since it came out and bought Arrowhead as soon as it came out and I have always had performance problems but nothing as bad as now. All of a sudden the other day, Operation Arrowhead stopped working. By stopped working I mean when I boot it up, as soon as window opens the whole game is slowed to 0.5 frames per second or less. I can't even navigate the menu, the game locks up constantly. I have to end up killing the process from task manager to get the game to close. Note that before this started happening I made absolutely no changes to my hardware or software configuration, and all my other games run as perfectly as they always have, including ArmA 2. Operation Arrowhead is the only game having this problem. It also happens when I launch Combined Ops.

Now here's what I have tried with no resolution:

Reinstalling video card drivers

Installing previous video card drivers

Reinstalling Operation Arrowhead

Reinstalling ArmA 2

Below is my dxdiag.

http://pastebin.com/fVUtsj4T

start it without any addons and see what happens..

it´s usualy a "bad" addon or a addon conflict.

I haven't defragged my whole computer recently, though with reinstalling the game it wouldn't be fragmented.

Well I defragged both my HDD's and I'm still having the same problem.

What are your computer specs?

consider other possibilities:

- spyware

- virus

- registry errors (these always slow me down)

- got enough Ramm

- is Arma 2 patched

- is AO patched

just trying to go through a process of elimination for you,

if we can cut out what you do or dont have then we

can narrow it down to what it could possibly be.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Even check your Desktop links if they are linking to correct exe´s, and when playing with betapatches check and make sure you have the appropriate link from your Install-folder saying: play arma with beta patch .....

Once after messing up Arma2 with mods I reinstalled and found out that all my Arma-related desktop-links where seriously messed up and showing very random link-locations inside the install folder xD

Cya on the battlefields

What are your computer specs?

consider other possibilities:

- spyware

- virus

- registry errors (these always slow me down)

- got enough Ramm

- is Arma 2 patched

- is AO patched

just trying to go through a process of elimination for you,

if we can cut out what you do or dont have then we

can narrow it down to what it could possibly be.

Check my dxdiag in the first post for specs.

I have no spyware or viruses.

I CClean my registry errors once per week.

I have 4 GB of ram.

Both are patched fully through Steam.

Also as I said the game worked fine until the other day.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Even check your Desktop links if they are linking to correct exe´s, and when playing with betapatches check and make sure you have the appropriate link from your Install-folder saying: play arma with beta patch .....

Once after messing up Arma2 with mods I reinstalled and found out that all my Arma-related desktop-links where seriously messed up and showing very random link-locations inside the install folder xD

Cya on the battlefields

Launching the game directly from the folder or from the desktop or from Steam I have the same result. I'm not using any beta patches.

Bump? Sorry, but once you stated,

Also as I said the game worked fine until the other day.

I would not be trying to fix the game, since apparently something other than the game is wrong.

System Restore?

Time for a fresh Windows install?

Could be anything.

I'm not using any beta patches.

You should try the latest beta, just in case.

Take a look to the task manager too, in the cpu use percentage and see if you have anything consuming all your cpu time.

If you didn't install any new hardware or software... maybe somebody hit the computer case and dislodged the video card slightly.. my only other guess would be some type of virus.

I would not expect any software to just explode tomorrow, unless I did something to make it explode...

Did you install anything to play DayZ?

I'm getting the same issue as are many others becasue of a recent beta patch. It allows DayZ to function but all other Arma2 servers will not work.

*EDIT*. Sorry, nevermind....just noticed the date on the post.