Sign in to follow this  
xXLunar

Need help with ArmA 2 OA Demo installation

I have tried to download arma 2 OA and arma 2 but when I am done nothing happens I see and folder but I cant open it it asks me to select a program to open it or search for a program to open it what do I do?

Ps. I don't think its a problem with my Laptop because its very very new i got it less than a month ago intel i5 core proccessor and windows 7.

Downloaded from where? What file format is it? Or shall we guess it?

Ah the demo, thought you meant the full game. I changed the thread title so it is more clear.

I don't have the demo though so I'm clueless about the installation process but I'm sure someone who has the demo will help you out.

you should unzip it with a program like winrar... it has multiple files in it, and if you directly click the exe it just unpacks that without the others... so extract all the contents of the zip into a folder and run it from there

what do you mean unzip it ? and theres no exe

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

I forgot to say I can open the folder but I cant open setup or setup 01 bin and 02 setup bin

what do you mean unzip it ? and theres no exe

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

I forgot to say I can open the folder but I cant open setup or setup 01 bin and 02 setup bin

If you downloaded "A2OA_Demo.zip", thats a zip file... its compressed and you need to extract it before you can do anything with it. You can do that with a software which can unzip it, like winrar.

If you downloaded "A2OA_Demo.zip", thats a zip file... its compressed and you need to extract it before you can do anything with it. You can do that with a software which can unzip it, like winrar.

its not a zip file it just says A2OA_Demo

its not a zip file it just says A2OA_Demo

It must be a zip file, because ive checked the download link you gave me. Then maybe accidently you removed the ".zip" extension. Put it back, and voilà, you got youself a zip file.

you must have file extensions hidden... or some other horrible problem...

go download WinRAR... from rarsoft I think it is..

if you can't open it with that program then you have a file that needs to be deleted and redownloaded... .

I downloaded the winrar thing and it let me download the game but now it says im missing this X3DAudio1_6dll does anyone know where I can download it?