Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Gossamer's Warfare --- Variant of Warfare BE

hey

what file do i edit to change the units u can be at the start of the game ???

Open the mission in the mission editor. Depending on which island you are playing on, the starting troops will be in different locations. For example, on Chernarus, you can find the starting units on the far left side of the map towards the top and the bottom.

Be mindful that the units you want to use should be in the proper unit arrays as defined in Common\Init\Init_CommonConstants.sqf:

//--- Class Lists (All playable characters should be put in their respective classes)
classEngineer = ["BAF_Soldier_EN_W","TK_Soldier_Engineer_EP1","BAF_Soldier_EN_DDPM","US_Soldier_Engineer_EP1","USMC_SoldierS_Engineer","CDF_Soldier_Engineer"];
classMedic = ["BAF_Soldier_Medic_W","FR_Corpsman","BAF_Soldier_Medic_DDPM","US_Soldier_Medic_EP1","GER_Soldier_Medic_EP1","TK_Soldier_Medic_EP1","RU_Soldier_Medic","USMC_Soldier_Medic","CDF_Soldier_Medic","Ins_Soldier_Medic"];
classTeamLeader = ["BAF_Soldier_Officer_W","USMC_Soldier_TL","US_Delta_Force_TL_EP1","BAF_Soldier_Officer_DDPM","TK_Commander_EP1","Ins_Lopotev","TK_Aziz_EP1","RUS_Commander","FR_TL","CDF_Soldier_TL","Ins_Bardak","CDF_Soldier_Officer"];

and

//--- Nationality Lists (Teamleaders go in here)
nationUSA = ["US_Delta_Force_TL_EP1"];
if (WORLDDESERT) then {nationBAF = ["BAF_Soldier_Officer_DDPM"]};
if (WORLDTEMPERATE) then {nationBAF = ["BAF_Soldier_Officer_W"]};
nationRUS = ["Ins_Lopotev","RUS_Commander"];
nationTAK = ["TK_Commander_EP1","TK_Aziz_EP1"];
nationUSMC = ["FR_TL","USMC_Soldier_TL"];
nationCDF = ["CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_Officer"];
nationCDK = ["Ins_Bardak","Ins_Lopotev"];
nationUS85 = ["cwr2_OfficerW"];
nationUSSR85 = ["cwr2_OfficerE"];
nationI44US = [""];
nationI44BAF = [""];

If you need more explanation, just ask.

Hi,

Is it possible to do it with OFRP units for change Bluefor units ?

- Change Cobra with Tiger

- Change Abrams with Leclerc,...

And same with weapons:

- Change M4a1 with Famas,....

I think it's hard work but I want to test the work !

Cordially and thanks for your answer

Hi,

Is it possible to do it with OFRP units for change Bluefor units ?

- Change Cobra with Tiger

- Change Abrams with Leclerc,...

And same with weapons:

- Change M4a1 with Famas,....

I think it's hard work but I want to test the work !

Cordially and thanks for your answer

Yep, it sure is, as long as you know the classnames.

Common\Config\Config_Loadouts.sqf <--- Weapons/Ammo

Common\Config\Config_HeavyFactory.sqf <--- self explanatory

Common\Config\Config_LightFactory.sqf <--- self explanatory

Common\Config\Config_Barracks.sqf <--- self explanatory

Common\Config\Config_AircraftFactory.sqf <--- self explanatory

Open the mission in the mission editor. Depending on which island you are playing on, the starting troops will be in different locations. For example, on Chernarus, you can find the starting units on the far left side of the map towards the top and the bottom.

Be mindful that the units you want to use should be in the proper unit arrays as defined in Common\Init\Init_CommonConstants.sqf:

//--- Class Lists (All playable characters should be put in their respective classes)
classEngineer = ["BAF_Soldier_EN_W","TK_Soldier_Engineer_EP1","BAF_Soldier_EN_DDPM","US_Soldier_Engineer_EP1","USMC_SoldierS_Engineer","CDF_Soldier_Engineer"];
classMedic = ["BAF_Soldier_Medic_W","FR_Corpsman","BAF_Soldier_Medic_DDPM","US_Soldier_Medic_EP1","GER_Soldier_Medic_EP1","TK_Soldier_Medic_EP1","RU_Soldier_Medic","USMC_Soldier_Medic","CDF_Soldier_Medic","Ins_Soldier_Medic"];
classTeamLeader = ["BAF_Soldier_Officer_W","USMC_Soldier_TL","US_Delta_Force_TL_EP1","BAF_Soldier_Officer_DDPM","TK_Commander_EP1","Ins_Lopotev","TK_Aziz_EP1","RUS_Commander","FR_TL","CDF_Soldier_TL","Ins_Bardak","CDF_Soldier_Officer"];

and

//--- Nationality Lists (Teamleaders go in here)
nationUSA = ["US_Delta_Force_TL_EP1"];
if (WORLDDESERT) then {nationBAF = ["BAF_Soldier_Officer_DDPM"]};
if (WORLDTEMPERATE) then {nationBAF = ["BAF_Soldier_Officer_W"]};
nationRUS = ["Ins_Lopotev","RUS_Commander"];
nationTAK = ["TK_Commander_EP1","TK_Aziz_EP1"];
nationUSMC = ["FR_TL","USMC_Soldier_TL"];
nationCDF = ["CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_Officer"];
nationCDK = ["Ins_Bardak","Ins_Lopotev"];
nationUS85 = ["cwr2_OfficerW"];
nationUSSR85 = ["cwr2_OfficerE"];
nationI44US = [""];
nationI44BAF = [""];

If you need more explanation, just ask.

hey thanks for the reply i tried to change it around but with no luck its ok ill wait for your update and try again in that

Hi guys,

I like to play this BE variant too and have just one question. Is this variant still more PVP oriented than BE Edition? Yesterday I noticed bad lags / slowdowns on a BE server and think its related to the AI that is overrunning chernarus. Does anyone have better performance related news about gossams edition?

best regards

p.s. gossam... thanks for your great work!!! I still "2012" think that arma 2 (unfortunately) is no look worth if there were no guys like gossam, xeno or benny with this great missions / maps. Its a real shame that such a great game just got attention because of those great modders. anyhow ... lookin forward to shoot some planes with my A-10 tonight :O)

Hey r4m0n,

It is true that my version is more PvP oriented as in there are no AI "Squad/Team Leaders" and there is no AI Commander. This might or might not help you with server performance. I'm not going to say my code is better optimized than Benny's because I'm pretty sure his is better optimized, but the less AI running around might help you a bit.

Thanks man, I appreciate the compliments. I can't speak Benny or Xeno, but I'll be around when ArmA 3 hits for sure :) (I'm pretty sure both of them will be as well).

Hello Gossamer!

Your Mission is really fun and me and the guys have a great time playing it on fallujah!

But I have a question, you said before that its depends on how many towns you have for when you can build a aircraft factory, so how many do you need on fallujah?

Hello Gossamer!

Your Mission is really fun and me and the guys have a great time playing it on fallujah!

But I have a question, you said before that its depends on how many towns you have for when you can build a aircraft factory, so how many do you need on fallujah?

Never play Gossamer's on Fallujah, maybe 7 city like on Takistan...

Hello Gossamer!

Hey there,

I'm glad you're having a fun time playing my mission.

If you look in the Warfare Menu, there's an option called "Stats/Params". If you scroll down in there it should say something like "Minimum towns for Aircraft Factory" or something along those lines, but to answer your question it's 8

Hey there,

I'm glad you're having a fun time playing my mission.

If you look in the Warfare Menu, there's an option called "Stats/Params". If you scroll down in there it should say something like "Minimum towns for Aircraft Factory" or something along those lines, but to answer your question it's 8

Oh didnt see that! Well thanks anyway :)

where did the versions go that are for other islands?

And a question to Gossamer, how did you port Warfare to islands like Lingor, etc. My examinations of many custom made maps shows that they either have none/innacurate "FlatArea" locations in the island config, and i believe Warfare module is really dependent on them to know where to put the depots/strongpoints. How do you get around this. for my mission, unfortunately, i have to go through a laborious process of tagging locations on each map manually (with my own script).

Just looking for some shared experience, here.. Thanks!

where did the versions go that are for other islands?

Because 3.04f isn't tested, I just posted Chernarus. For the final release, all the islands will be back

And a question to Gossamer, how did you port Warfare to islands like Lingor, etc. My examinations of many custom made maps shows that they either have none/innacurate "FlatArea" locations in the island config, and i believe Warfare module is really dependent on them to know where to put the depots/strongpoints. How do you get around this. for my mission, unfortunately, i have to go through a laborious process of tagging locations on each map manually (with my own script).

Just looking for some shared experience, here.. Thanks!

My warfare relies on manual placement of stuff on the map. For example the depots/camps are placed directly on the map by whoever set up the mission.

Thanks, yeah i found an old version, and see that they are actually in the mission file. Well, for islands i havent ported yet, this helps me because the positions are already figured out for me, well at least some of them. I usually like random placement of camps in between towns, at intersections, etc.

Anyway, appreciate the response.

Thanks, yeah i found an old version, and see that they are actually in the mission file. Well, for islands i havent ported yet, this helps me because the positions are already figured out for me, well at least some of them. I usually like random placement of camps in between towns, at intersections, etc.

Anyway, appreciate the response.

No problem.

Got to test 3.04f shortly with a friend, found only one issue so far.

Also added a parameter for Mando Missile Mod being enabled or not. It's enabled by default, but server admins can now disable it if they prefer it that way.

EDIT: Found the issue with the town captures. This is what I get for copy pasting... I ended up re-assigning a variable by accident and it kept calling the wrong script...

Edited by GossamerSolid

What I THINK you should do is make a warfare with PCDF units that can be buyable...

What I THINK you should do is make a warfare with PCDF units that can be buyable...

That is planned for sure!

Progress update:

I've been re-writing the town initialization scripts so that they are more flexible. You can now define a town "owner" from initialization (Allows the possbility of quick start games where a few towns are owned by each team at the start, or "invasion" styled mode where one team owns all the towns and the other team has to take them all over to win).

Town occupational/resistance forces are also being changed. There are too many armored vehicles defending resistance towns. This is going to be changed so that resistance towns are mainly infantry and light vehicles so that the match can get to the good part quicker (Team vs Team).

Mando has been made a parameter (as I fully understand that some groups do not wish to play with mando enabled). There are other reasons I've done this as well. As some of you might have noticed, when you get a kill using a mando enabled weapon, there is a delay in the kill reward and you do not get the proper rewards (Killing a tank will only award you for the tank, not the crew) and when killing a building, the game cannot determine who fired the weapon as it technically didn't come from a player, it was created with no owner. Now if I had a scripting command called setOwner (that would let me assign a bullet/missile/etc to a player, it would solve this issue, but that's probably not going to happen).

Parameter: Vehicle Weapon Loadouts

Right now, I have a bunch of modified vehicle loadouts (mainly for planes). These are intended for mando usage. So the parameter will have a few options to better suit what type of gameplay you are looking for.

Mando Loadouts -> What we currently use

Rebalanced (Default value) -> Rebalanced vehicle loadouts intended for usage in vanilla gameplay (no mando). This means there will be no anti-air on any aircraft so that aircraft have proper roles as air support. Anti-air will be saved for ground units only. All air units will properly have vanilla counter measures added in (as I know some arma 2 units don't have counter measures by default)

Vanilla -> No loadout values will be changed, straight vanilla play

Building construction will be changed. Right now it is using the COIN system from BIS. I don't like COIN at all as I don't find the code very friendly for editting. I'm going to be building my own system that is much more similar ot the old way of building structures in crCTI. You will chose a building and a preview of its location will appear in front of you, you will walk around and place it that way.

Respawn system will be changed. As you might have noticed, it gets very unresponsive towards late game. That's because it was written poorly. The original respawn system I inherited from the old Warfare BE version I used wasn't dynamic (as in respawn points couldn't appear/disappear while you were in the respawn queue), so I wrote a real quick workaround to make it dynamic. Problem is that it's a very unoptimized workaround and it causes gameplay to suffer. A new system is being written that is dynamic and optimized.

New networking system is now fully integrated (thank you Xeno). This new networking system has quite a few perks such as 99.9% reliability of unit kill awarding (If you blow up a tank and kill the crew + the tank, you will get awarded for all 4 units, unlike before). Mid/End game performance is also way better thanks to this networking system.

The filesize of 3.05 will be reduced by a few megabytes. I found a bunch of image files lying around that I haven't used for a very long time and forgot to delete.

The voice system I have right now for alerts (English and German) will be removed. It was an experimental thing I did back at 3.00's release and I don't think it really turned out the way I wanted it to, so I'm going to be removing it. Any "alert messages" will have a simple alert sound (a little beep or something similar instead).

String localization will be dropped, GW will only be supporting english from now on. I currently have English, Italian and German, but I don't currently have translators for Italian and German and it also causes issues with some GUI design due to words being different lengths in different languages.

There's more stuff that I'm working on, but I think what I've mentioned is good for now.

Is there some sort of document that describes how to port the mission to new islands? I would like to play it on Karatschenien, a map under development currently. I simply moved around some start positions, depots and bunkers in the editor, but neither resistance soldiers were spawned, nor camps could be captured. I found this in the log and there was a script error when spawning the hq. Only the hq appeared on map, the support vehicles were missing.

20:04:49 Error in expression <
_side = _this select 3;

_unit = _team CreateUnit [_type,_position,[],0,"FORM"]>
20:04:49   Error position: <CreateUnit [_type,_position,[],0,"FORM"]>
20:04:49   Error Type Any, expected String
_side = _this select 3;

_side = _this select 3;

_side = _this select 3;

20:06:20 "[GOSS WARFARE] LOG: Player: |RUS|TeTeT disconected. Stored: ["1297414",0,1500,WEST,WEST,"SERGEANT",["m16a4_acg","Binocular_Vector","NVGoggles","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","ItemGPS"],["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","HandGrenade_West"],true]"

Is there some sort of document that describes how to port the mission to new islands? I would like to play it on Karatschenien, a map under development currently. I simply moved around some start positions, depots and bunkers in the editor, but neither resistance soldiers were spawned, nor camps could be captured. I found this in the log and there was a script error when spawning the hq. Only the hq appeared on map, the support vehicles were missing.

What island are you trying to port it to?

The island is Karatschenien, it's currently under development.

The island is Karatschenien, it's currently under development.

in initJipCompatible.sqf, you need to add the island name to WORLDTEMPERATE or WORLDDESERT.

After that go to Common\init\init_commonconstants.sqf and scroll down to line 155. There are 4 sections that you need to enter data specific for your island (take a look at the other entries for examples).

Thanks, adding it to WORLDTEMPERATE made the mission basically playable! For the record and other readers, here is a list of things that I did:

1. Add world to WORLDTEMPERATE in initJIPcompatible.sqf
  2. Add constants to Common/Init/Init_CommonConstants.sqf
  3. Change default viewdistance in initJIPcompatible.sqf
  4. Rename existing towns and camps in mission.sqm
  5. Move red marker for out of boundary to new location and resize it in mission.sqm
  6. Move kill trigger to new out of boundary location in mission.sqm
  7. TESTING: Enable dev scripts in Client/Init/Init_Client.sqf
  8. TESTING: Increase TOWNCAPTUREBOUNTY in Common/Init/Init_CommonConstants.sqf

I guess the hard work comes now to balance gameplay on the map and make sure bunkers and depots are in good places. Thanks for your help!