Sign in to follow this  
l mandrake

Stryker vulnerability to RPGs

Seems wrong that the Stryker SLAT gets toasted by 1 rpg hit when it has the slat armour (cages) on the sides specifically to disrupt rpg strikes.

I know Arma's hitpoint system is inflexible, but is there a way to simulate the cage armour's effect - using a second hidden 'vehicle' to represent the SLAT or something?

I wonder what the fire geo looks like. I think that Arma causes damage based on stuff like distance from the source, etc. If the slats are in the fire geo, then the rpg should detonate on the slats, away from the armour.

I wonder what the fire geo looks like. I think that Arma causes damage based on stuff like distance from the source, etc. If the slats are in the fire geo, then the rpg should detonate on the slats, away from the armour.

Damage is based on what component was hit.

Don't know if this would help, we use it in all our missions to give a much more realistic feel when facing RPG's. It doesn't do anything in the sense of armour penetration, but affects the ability of the ai AT firer. Makes using light armour a lot more fun and emmersive.

More near misses to give crews a chance to react. Though slow and close will still nail you generally!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8967&highlight=AT+ADJUST

Damage is based on what component was hit.

That's not the whole story. Attempts to make tanks more survivable have taken critical damage selections in the hitpoints LOD and moved them away from the centre of model. There is a three dimensional component aswell. Taking into account the blast radius. And what if no component is hit at all?

Edited by Max Power

Has this been changed in the beta or something? I was in a M2 Stryker and we were hit three times with RPGs and suffered nothing more than some scuffed paint.

Don't know if this would help, we use it in all our missions to give a much more realistic feel when facing RPG's. It doesn't do anything in the sense of armour penetration, but affects the ability of the ai AT firer. Makes using light armour a lot more fun and emmersive.

More near misses to give crews a chance to react. Though slow and close will still nail you generally!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8967&highlight=AT+ADJUST

nice idea that, will give it a try out , cheers for the heads up